Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73

Thread: Teams for ISU championships

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Yep, I am sure Kanako Murakami who won Silver in the ladies is also a big cash cow, that's why they are sending her to the 4CC as well in lieu of the 5th place finisher. You know, hypocritical JSF who is out to screw the "king". What? Not true!? Then again, people are always free to believe whatever they want, including witchcraft, or a particular skater really is Jesus reincarnated or even that Earth is flat.
    Oh my god, dear. I am sure there are some Catholic and Protestants users around who might be not happy that you use Jesus in some comic sense on Christmas time. And the way how you keep repeating that the Earth is round and not flat is scary. Someone doesn't have to be a silly sofa specialist to see that Japanese Men's field and Ladies's field are absolutely uncomparable in terms of competitions and depth. In Ladies 3rd, 5th and 6th are juniors. JSF simply has no one else to send to 4CC besides Mao, Kana and Akiko. While in Men the situation is completely the opposite. If the 4CC were not in Japan, then they might made a different decision like they did before- send the champion plus others who are not in Team Worlds. Or you are saying that last year they believed in flat Earth, so they made the choice they did?
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    To me it makes perfect sense that JSF would want to showcase their best competitors at an event that they host.
    Yep! And don't forget Fuji TV rights!

    News vid on Teams:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl6vf-B2O5M

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,065
    Even in last year, they would have sent their best team if it was in Japan. Some speculates that three stars (Asada, Hanyu, Takahashi) are indispensable for the JSF in order to receive the payoff from Fuji TV and Dentsu (ad agency).

  3. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
    Maybe Takahashi could avoid being "robbed" by fully rotating his quads, getting higher levels on non-jump elements, and planning his programs to better maximize his TES. I'm not saying that questionable judging never goes on, but in this case, I just don't see the evidence.
    He rotated his quads. If youtube doesn't work for you or you can't see due whatever reasons, it's your problem. Shizuka said that the harsh judging on his quad in SP made him skate in FS so well. Japanese normally don't speak straight. It's a cultural thing. If you know how to read between the lines, the meaning is there were some talks between professionals in backstage that the tech caller was wrong. Judges seem like also didn't see the ur and e, so they did GOE they did. Moreover, quads is only one of the issue. Hanyuflation is another one. It was all discussed on Men's thread. Why you are bringing it here I wonder.

  4. #19
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    He rotated his quads. If youtube doesn't work for you or you can't see due whatever reasons, it's your problem. Shizuka said that the harsh judging on his quad in SP made him skate in FS so well. Japanese normally don't speak straight. It's a cultural thing. If you know how to read between the lines, the meaning is there were some talks between professionals in backstage that the tech caller was wrong. Judges seem like also didn't see the ur and e, so they did GOE they did. Moreover, quads is only one of the issue. Hanyuflation is another one. It was all discussed on Men's thread. Why you are bringing it here I wonder.
    I watched the video and think they called it correctly in the short. Anyway, you are the one who made the robbed comment in the first place, but yes, the place to debate this is the men's thread, so back to the topic.

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
    I watched the video and think they called it correctly in the short. Anyway, you are the one who made the robbed comment in the first place, but yes, the place to debate this is the men's thread, so back to the topic.
    The "robbed comment" was a reference to JSF policy regarding forming Teams and not to the details of Dai's skating that you came up with. You are not the only one who watched the video. I already told you about judges and others. Bring your evidence if you wish if you think they were wrong. I don't see any from you, neither here nor in Men's thread.

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    I don;t think Takahashi was robbed of the gold. Hanyu only mistakes are the scratchy landing on his quad and step out on his 4S. The rest of his jumps elements are huge and got +GOE. While Takahashi land all of his jumps, his second quad was a bit wild and his other triple jumps are smaller and doesn't get huge heigh and flow like Hanyu. So not as much +GEO as Hanyu. IF both skate completly clean, Takahashi may have 6-10 points in PCS advantage, Hanyu will get prob get more on jump GOE.

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    He-he. They normally don't send a silver guy to 4CC. Wasn't it last year when they sent 1st, 4th and 5th? But this time 4CC is in Japan, and JSF knows who their cash cow is. I admire their hypocrisy- they robbed him from a deserve title one day and then they blatantly use him on another. Gladly that in this case I think it is what Dai himself wants- to skate in his hometown.
    Personally, I would prefer to see Kozuka at 4CC, but can understand why the JSF selected who they did. And, I don't see any hypocrisy in their decision.

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
    I watched the video and think they called it correctly in the short. Anyway, you are the one who made the robbed comment in the first place, but yes, the place to debate this is the men's thread, so back to the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by let’s talk View Post
    You are not the only one who watched the video. I already told you about judges and others. Bring your evidence if you wish if you think they were wrong. I don't see any from you, neither here nor in Men's thread.
    May I show you some evidence?
    Takahashi’s 4t < in slow motion.
    His takeoff and landing. I agree with Riemann that they called it correctly. Takahashi missed more than 1/4 rotation.

    Takahashi’s flutz in slow motion and screenshot of his takeoff, definitely not outside edge.

    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Personally, I would prefer to see Kozuka at 4CC, but can understand why the JSF selected who they did. And, I don't see any hypocrisy in their decision.
    I also think Kozuka or Oda should go to 4CC, and I don’t see any hypocrisy in JSF’s decision, either.

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    May I show you some evidence?
    Takahashi’s 4t < in slow motion.
    His takeoff and landing. I agree with Riemann that they called it correctly. Takahashi missed more than 1/4 rotation.

    Takahashi’s flutz in slow motion and screenshot of his takeoff, definitely not outside edge.
    In the men's thread, several posters who are Dai fans have remarked they agreed with the Tech Panel's call and noted that Honda called out the same thing during replay as well. There is no controversy here except the Tech Panel has been strict but fair. Even in the ladies panel, they also called out Asada's Flutz even though she was the eventual winner and undoubtedly the #1 woman in the minds of JSF. Evidences strongly suggest these calls were fair and square seen how most reasonable posters here can see it too and agree with the decisions. But you will note the person you responded to has a history of spreading all kinds of false rumors (e.g. dragging Hanyu's mother into the mess) or attempts to stir up controversies where none exists. So thanks for the links, they are helpful in confirming what many already saw in vids but I am afraid you may be singing to a cow if you are trying to get the said poster to even acknowledge your effort.

  10. #25
    Custom Title starryxskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    208
    A bit unfair for Kozuka to not get sent to 4CC, let alone Oda who was so close to Mura's score.
    Can't JSF share the dang pie
    Last edited by starryxskies; 12-23-2012 at 04:22 PM.

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
    Maybe Takahashi could avoid being "robbed" by fully rotating his quads, getting higher levels on non-jump elements, and planning his programs to better maximize his TES. I'm not saying that questionable judging never goes on, but in this case, I just don't see the evidence.

    Anyway, I am glad they went 1, 2, 3 when selecting the teams. No way anyone can really disagree with that.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,490
    I can understand why JSF would use their "big guns" in 4CC if it's being held in Japan. Who wouldn't be tempted to use Hanyu and Takahashi right there in Japan? I'm sorry for Oda, though, and Kozuka.

    One nice thing: at least this year, the competitors won't get altitude sickness. Japan is closer to sea level than last year's venue for 4CC.

  13. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    May I show you some evidence?
    and landing. I agree with Riemann that they called it correctly.
    Here you are! The show must go on! I see that thread 'Half time' in the Edge didn't give you a lesson. Okay, I'll try to put it way simpler than that- let's say when you, riemanns, wallylutzs and others who rant about his ur, are 'on land', you are in the same position like in your shot? Really? You must be some magical circus artists or somesuch if that is your idea of "landing".

    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    In the men's thread, several posters who are Dai fans have remarked they agreed with the Tech Panel's call and noted that Honda called out the same thing during replay as well.
    Who are several posters and where excatly in Men's thread they said that I wonder. I realize that you don't speak Japanese and don't watch Fuji TV, so saying "several posters" is your only option to express the opinion of yours in fact. I told you already in that thread- Honda told judges' decision that TV commentators sees earlier than the public. You don't know what he really thinks and you won't. Btw, thanks for acknowledging the 'evidence'. They were indeed helpful to know where yout ideas of jumps come from.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 12-24-2012 at 12:28 AM.

  14. #29
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    In the men's thread, several posters who are Dai fans have remarked they agreed with the Tech Panel's call and noted that Honda called out the same thing during replay as well. There is no controversy here except the Tech Panel has been strict but fair. Even in the ladies panel, they also called out Asada's Flutz even though she was the eventual winner and undoubtedly the #1 woman in the minds of JSF. Evidences strongly suggest these calls were fair and square seen how most reasonable posters here can see it too and agree with the decisions. But you will note the person you responded to has a history of spreading all kinds of false rumors (e.g. dragging Hanyu's mother into the mess) or attempts to stir up controversies where none exists. So thanks for the links, they are helpful in confirming what many already saw in vids but I am afraid you may be singing to a cow if you are trying to get the said poster to even acknowledge your effort.
    No worries. Most veterans in this board know not to take that poster seriously. Some people just spend life being trolls.

    At any rate, the technical panel was right in the case of Dai's SP. I was a little dubious on the edge call and the underrotation when I watched it at first, but during the replay, they were both clear. I don't think underrotation should be so costly in this system, but that's a different topic entirely.

  15. #30
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    No worries. Most veterans in this board know not to take that poster seriously. Some people just spend life being trolls.

    At any rate, the technical panel was right in the case of Dai's SP. I was a little dubious on the edge call and the underrotation when I watched it at first, but during the replay, they were both clear. I don't think underrotation should be so costly in this system, but that's a different topic entirely.

    i don't think UR is that costly under the new system, esp. after the rule changes.

    The problem w/ Dai's SP was that he didn't just get the UR, but also e. It's hard to beat your rival who went perfect when you got 2 calls against you in short.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •