Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Teams for ISU championships

Custom Title
    In January, three ice dance teams are assigned to International Trophy of Lyon (Hirai/Asuncion, Oi/Mizutani, Karakawa/Hirayama). I expect some of them have chances for 4CC or junior worlds based on results.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    Some people just spend life being trolls.
    I agree with you. When the poster&Co. repeatedly gives a pic of the skater still in the air and claim that it's LANDING, someone surely can call it trolling. I thought it's just gross ignorance, but thanks to you we have a new-old term. You are right, such veterans shouldn't be taken seriously Jeez... how much time some people need to spend on boards to finally know when the jump is actually landed, even if they don't skate themselves...
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Even in last year, they would have sent their best team if it was in Japan. Some speculates that three stars (Asada, Hanyu, Takahashi) are indispensable for the JSF in order to receive the payoff from Fuji TV and Dentsu (ad agency).
    Hanyu was quite dispensable at WTT and JO, sponsored by TV Tokyo. Or you are saying JSF sets their Team based on what TV channel boradcasts the event? Well-well. Where this sport is coming to...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Hanyu was quite dispensable at WTT and JO, sponsored by TV Tokyo. Or you are saying JSF sets their Team based on what TV channel boradcasts the event?
    There were different reasonings at the time of WTT and JO. The JSF still favored Takahashi despite apparent pressure from the international judges (to designate Hanyu as #1). They knew that Takahashi's scores could be held down if both of them compete head to head. I guess their priority was beating Chan with home advantages. For this purpose, Hanyu's presence is undesirable. Hanyu is now the official #1 Japanese man. Sponsors want him definitely. Also they can use 4CC to boost him higher and put more pressure on Chan.

In a recent poll (before Japanese nationals), Hanyu was ranked 1st as "the most highly expected male athelete in 2013." I think his popularity is already surpassing Takahashi. Asada was the 1st on women's side.
    Last edited by NMURA; 12-24-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    There were different reasonings at the time of WTT and JO. The JSF still favored Takahashi despite apparent pressure from the international judges (to designate Hanyu as #1). They knew that Takahashi's scores could be held down if both of them compete head to head. I guess their priority was beating Chan with home advantages. For this purpose, Hanyu's presence is undesirable. Hanyu is now the official #1 Japanese man. Sponsors want him definitely. Also they can use 4CC to boost him higher and put more pressure on Chan.

In a recent poll (before Japanese nationals), Hanyu was ranked 1st as "the most highly expected male athelete in 2013." I think his popularity is already surpassing Takahashi. Asada was the 1st on women's side.
    Just that? Oh, and I thought it's because Fuji TV with their householding products audience is more into kawai boys than TV Tokyo. And you are saying it's all JSF games? is there a poll for the best conspiracy theory? I would know who deserves the top prize . Seriously, you make it sound like all events in Japan are set and the results is fixed. Why PChan should even bother to come in this case. I wonder if you say the same thing on fixed results if Hanyu wins.
    As for surpassing stars, you'll be eligible to tell that when there will be another skater besides Mao and Dai with the same number of advertising contracts and show tickets sales.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Kozuka! </3 I am so heartbroken for him!

So surprising . . . after his performance at the GPF, I didn't think Mura had any hope of making the World team. Things can change so suddenly and unexpectedly in figure skating.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 12-24-2012 at 10:58 AM.

I'm sad about JSF's decision: I felt that at least Hongo or Kato deserved a place in the 4CC team, and so did Oda and Kozuka... :( Last year's assignements were a lot wiser! (Sending #1, #4 and #5 to 4CC and #1, #2 and #3 to Worlds)

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I'm sad about JSF's decision: I felt that at least Hongo or Kato deserved a place in the 4CC team, and so did Oda and Kozuka... :( Last year's assignements were a lot wiser! (Sending #1, #4 and #5 to 4CC and #1, #2 and #3 to Worlds)

Hongo is going to junior worlds.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Kozuka! </3 I am so heartbroken for him!

So surprising . . . after his performance at the GPF, I didn't think Mura had any hope of making the World team. Things can change so suddenly and unexpectedly in figure skating.
    Mura wasn't at GPF, if I remember correctly. He won TEB, but was 8th at his other event, Skate Canada, so he didn't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Mura wasn't at GPF, if I remember correctly. He won TEB, but was 8th at his other event, Skate Canada, so he didn't qualify.
    I think the point was that Kozuka was at GPF and did fairly well, so any thought of him being off the team seem foreign.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 12-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Ah, ok, I misunderstood. Yes, it feels weird. I wonder what the commentors are going to say. At least the German Eurosport guys adore Kozuka, this will be hard on them. But if he is injured it may even be better for him, if he's not competing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let’s talk View Post
    Here you are! The show must go on! I see that thread 'Half time' in the Edge didn't give you a lesson. Okay, I'll try to put it way simpler than that- let's say when you, riemanns, wallylutzs and others who rant about his ur, are 'on land', you are in the same position like in your shot? Really? You must be some magical circus artists or somesuch if that is your idea of "landing".
    I don’t quite understand you here. Are you saying that picture was not Takahashi’s landing? Yes, I learned a lesson in the “Half time” thread that my earlier GPF landing pictures were too late and not really landings. Then I learned how to capture landing screenshot to make it accurate. I suggest you do the same and study what’s the real landing. Landing means the instant when a skater’s skate just touches the ice. When some skaters under-rotate their jumps, they complete more than 1/4 rotation of the jump on the ice instead of in the air. So judges will count the moment when the skate first touches the ice as the landing, not after the skater “fully” rotates the jump on the ice. Remember the skaters are supposed to rotate their jumps in the air, not on the ice. Or maybe you can show me some evidence what Takahashi’s landing should have been in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think the point was that Kozuka was at GPF and did fairly well, so any though of him being off the team seem foreign.
    I agree. Even though I’m not a Kozuka fan, I think he or Oda deserves at least 4CC. I kinda like Mura and think he earned his spot at Worlds, but JSF should really spread the assignments and send someone else to 4CC, especially since there are so many talented men in Japan. I was really surprised that Mura got to go to both Worlds and 4CC.

Especially since Oda is FROM Osaka. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    May I show you some evidence?
    Takahashi’s 4t < in slow motion.
    His takeoff and landing.
    That is not a landing position.

Custom Title
    All of Oda, Kozuka and Machida can remain ranked within 24th of WS and SB lists. They can have at least one GP assignment and possibly two. Sending them to 4CC won't change their chances. In last year, Machida and Mura didn't fulfill those conditions at the point of Japanese nationals. Therefore it was rational to send them to 4CC. Sponsors wouldn't complain as long as Takahashi (and Asada) were participating.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Hongo is going to junior worlds.
    And Kato is too young to go to 4CC.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast