Teams for ISU championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Teams for ISU championships

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I don;t think Takahashi was robbed of the gold. Hanyu only mistakes are the scratchy landing on his quad and step out on his 4S. The rest of his jumps elements are huge and got +GOE. While Takahashi land all of his jumps, his second quad was a bit wild and his other triple jumps are smaller and doesn't get huge heigh and flow like Hanyu. So not as much +GEO as Hanyu. IF both skate completly clean, Takahashi may have 6-10 points in PCS advantage, Hanyu will get prob get more on jump GOE.

chloepoco

Medalist
He-he. They normally don't send a silver guy to 4CC. Wasn't it last year when they sent 1st, 4th and 5th? But this time 4CC is in Japan, and JSF knows who their cash cow is. I admire their hypocrisy- they robbed him from a deserve title one day and then they blatantly use him on another. Gladly that in this case I think it is what Dai himself wants- to skate in his hometown. :yay:

Personally, I would prefer to see Kozuka at 4CC, but can understand why the JSF selected who they did. And, I don't see any hypocrisy in their decision.

lakeside

On the Ice
I watched the video and think they called it correctly in the short. Anyway, you are the one who made the robbed comment in the first place, but yes, the place to debate this is the men's thread, so back to the topic.
You are not the only one who watched the video. I already told you about judges and others. Bring your evidence if you wish if you think they were wrong. I don't see any from you, neither here nor in Men's thread. :p
May I show you some evidence?
Takahashi’s 4t < in slow motion.
His takeoff and landing. I agree with Riemann that they called it correctly. Takahashi missed more than 1/4 rotation.

Takahashi’s flutz in slow motion and screenshot of his takeoff, definitely not outside edge.

Personally, I would prefer to see Kozuka at 4CC, but can understand why the JSF selected who they did. And, I don't see any hypocrisy in their decision.
I also think Kozuka or Oda should go to 4CC, and I don’t see any hypocrisy in JSF’s decision, either.

wallylutz

Medalist
Takahashi’s 4t < in slow motion.
His takeoff and landing. I agree with Riemann that they called it correctly. Takahashi missed more than 1/4 rotation.

Takahashi’s flutz in slow motion and screenshot of his takeoff, definitely not outside edge.

In the men's thread, several posters who are Dai fans have remarked they agreed with the Tech Panel's call and noted that Honda called out the same thing during replay as well. There is no controversy here except the Tech Panel has been strict but fair. Even in the ladies panel, they also called out Asada's Flutz even though she was the eventual winner and undoubtedly the #1 woman in the minds of JSF. Evidences strongly suggest these calls were fair and square seen how most reasonable posters here can see it too and agree with the decisions. But you will note the person you responded to has a history of spreading all kinds of false rumors (e.g. dragging Hanyu's mother into the mess) or attempts to stir up controversies where none exists. So thanks for the links, they are helpful in confirming what many already saw in vids but I am afraid you may be singing to a cow if you are trying to get the said poster to even acknowledge your effort.

starryxskies

On the Ice
A bit unfair for Kozuka to not get sent to 4CC, let alone Oda who was so close to Mura's score.
Can't JSF share the dang pie :rolleye:

Last edited:

kimganos

On the Ice
Maybe Takahashi could avoid being "robbed" by fully rotating his quads, getting higher levels on non-jump elements, and planning his programs to better maximize his TES. I'm not saying that questionable judging never goes on, but in this case, I just don't see the evidence.

Anyway, I am glad they went 1, 2, 3 when selecting the teams. No way anyone can really disagree with that.

:agree:

I can understand why JSF would use their "big guns" in 4CC if it's being held in Japan. Who wouldn't be tempted to use Hanyu and Takahashi right there in Japan? I'm sorry for Oda, though, and Kozuka.

One nice thing: at least this year, the competitors won't get altitude sickness. Japan is closer to sea level than last year's venue for 4CC.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
and landing. I agree with Riemann that they called it correctly.
Here you are! The show must go on! I see that thread 'Half time' in the Edge didn't give you a lesson. Okay, I'll try to put it way simpler than that- let's say when you, riemanns, wallylutzs and others who rant about his ur, are 'on land', you are in the same position like in your shot? Really? You must be some magical circus artists or somesuch if that is your idea of "landing". :laugh:

In the men's thread, several posters who are Dai fans have remarked they agreed with the Tech Panel's call and noted that Honda called out the same thing during replay as well.
Who are several posters and where excatly in Men's thread they said that I wonder. I realize that you don't speak Japanese and don't watch Fuji TV, so saying "several posters" is your only option to express the opinion of yours in fact. I told you already in that thread- Honda told judges' decision that TV commentators sees earlier than the public. You don't know what he really thinks and you won't. Btw, thanks for acknowledging the 'evidence'. They were indeed helpful to know where yout ideas of jumps come from. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
In the men's thread, several posters who are Dai fans have remarked they agreed with the Tech Panel's call and noted that Honda called out the same thing during replay as well. There is no controversy here except the Tech Panel has been strict but fair. Even in the ladies panel, they also called out Asada's Flutz even though she was the eventual winner and undoubtedly the #1 woman in the minds of JSF. Evidences strongly suggest these calls were fair and square seen how most reasonable posters here can see it too and agree with the decisions. But you will note the person you responded to has a history of spreading all kinds of false rumors (e.g. dragging Hanyu's mother into the mess) or attempts to stir up controversies where none exists. So thanks for the links, they are helpful in confirming what many already saw in vids but I am afraid you may be singing to a cow if you are trying to get the said poster to even acknowledge your effort.

No worries. Most veterans in this board know not to take that poster seriously. Some people just spend life being trolls.

At any rate, the technical panel was right in the case of Dai's SP. I was a little dubious on the edge call and the underrotation when I watched it at first, but during the replay, they were both clear. I don't think underrotation should be so costly in this system, but that's a different topic entirely.

Nadia01

Final Flight
No worries. Most veterans in this board know not to take that poster seriously. Some people just spend life being trolls.

At any rate, the technical panel was right in the case of Dai's SP. I was a little dubious on the edge call and the underrotation when I watched it at first, but during the replay, they were both clear. I don't think underrotation should be so costly in this system, but that's a different topic entirely.

i don't think UR is that costly under the new system, esp. after the rule changes.

The problem w/ Dai's SP was that he didn't just get the UR, but also e. It's hard to beat your rival who went perfect when you got 2 calls against you in short.

NMURA

Medalist
In January, three ice dance teams are assigned to International Trophy of Lyon (Hirai/Asuncion, Oi/Mizutani, Karakawa/Hirayama). I expect some of them have chances for 4CC or junior worlds based on results.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Some people just spend life being trolls.
I agree with you. When the poster&Co. repeatedly gives a pic of the skater still in the air and claim that it's LANDING, someone surely can call it trolling. I thought it's just gross ignorance, but thanks to you we have a new-old term. You are right, such veterans shouldn't be taken seriously :laugh: Jeez... how much time some people need to spend on boards to finally know when the jump is actually landed, even if they don't skate themselves...
Even in last year, they would have sent their best team if it was in Japan. Some speculates that three stars (Asada, Hanyu, Takahashi) are indispensable for the JSF in order to receive the payoff from Fuji TV and Dentsu (ad agency).
Hanyu was quite dispensable at WTT and JO, sponsored by TV Tokyo. Or you are saying JSF sets their Team based on what TV channel boradcasts the event? Well-well. Where this sport is coming to... :confused:

NMURA

Medalist
Hanyu was quite dispensable at WTT and JO, sponsored by TV Tokyo. Or you are saying JSF sets their Team based on what TV channel boradcasts the event?

There were different reasonings at the time of WTT and JO. The JSF still favored Takahashi despite apparent pressure from the international judges (to designate Hanyu as #1). They knew that Takahashi's scores could be held down if both of them compete head to head. I guess their priority was beating Chan with home advantages. For this purpose, Hanyu's presence is undesirable. Hanyu is now the official #1 Japanese man. Sponsors want him definitely. Also they can use 4CC to boost him higher and put more pressure on Chan.

In a recent poll (before Japanese nationals), Hanyu was ranked 1st as "the most highly expected male athelete in 2013." I think his popularity is already surpassing Takahashi. Asada was the 1st on women's side.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
There were different reasonings at the time of WTT and JO. The JSF still favored Takahashi despite apparent pressure from the international judges (to designate Hanyu as #1). They knew that Takahashi's scores could be held down if both of them compete head to head. I guess their priority was beating Chan with home advantages. For this purpose, Hanyu's presence is undesirable. Hanyu is now the official #1 Japanese man. Sponsors want him definitely. Also they can use 4CC to boost him higher and put more pressure on Chan.

In a recent poll (before Japanese nationals), Hanyu was ranked 1st as "the most highly expected male athelete in 2013." I think his popularity is already surpassing Takahashi. Asada was the 1st on women's side.
Just that? Oh, and I thought it's because Fuji TV with their householding products audience is more into kawai boys than TV Tokyo. And you are saying it's all JSF games? is there a poll for the best conspiracy theory? I would know who deserves the top prize :biggrin:. Seriously, you make it sound like all events in Japan are set and the results is fixed. Why PChan should even bother to come in this case. I wonder if you say the same thing on fixed results if Hanyu wins. :laugh:
As for surpassing stars, you'll be eligible to tell that when there will be another skater besides Mao and Dai with the same number of advertising contracts and show tickets sales. :p

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kozuka! </3 I am so heartbroken for him! :no::cry:

So surprising . . . after his performance at the GPF, I didn't think Mura had any hope of making the World team. :eek: Things can change so suddenly and unexpectedly in figure skating.

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm sad about JSF's decision: I felt that at least Hongo or Kato deserved a place in the 4CC team, and so did Oda and Kozuka... :( Last year's assignements were a lot wiser! (Sending #1, #4 and #5 to 4CC and #1, #2 and #3 to Worlds)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm sad about JSF's decision: I felt that at least Hongo or Kato deserved a place in the 4CC team, and so did Oda and Kozuka... :( Last year's assignements were a lot wiser! (Sending #1, #4 and #5 to 4CC and #1, #2 and #3 to Worlds)

Hongo is going to junior worlds.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Kozuka! </3 I am so heartbroken for him! :no::cry:

So surprising . . . after his performance at the GPF, I didn't think Mura had any hope of making the World team. :eek: Things can change so suddenly and unexpectedly in figure skating.

Mura wasn't at GPF, if I remember correctly. He won TEB, but was 8th at his other event, Skate Canada, so he didn't qualify.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mura wasn't at GPF, if I remember correctly. He won TEB, but was 8th at his other event, Skate Canada, so he didn't qualify.

I think the point was that Kozuka was at GPF and did fairly well, so any thought of him being off the team seem foreign.

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Ah, ok, I misunderstood. Yes, it feels weird. I wonder what the commentors are going to say. At least the German Eurosport guys adore Kozuka, this will be hard on them. But if he is injured it may even be better for him, if he's not competing.