Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 94

Thread: 2013 Europeans Entries

  1. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    C/l have to be the new frontrunners. The gpf shows c/l are the second euro team to p/b this season as b/s are falling behind and I/k beat them with that ghost dance in the fd.
    yeah with a fall from soloviev, B/S have higher pcs than C/L and I/K
    its just a matter of B/S getting all their high levels

  2. #47
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,827
    It will be interesting, but I am so sad for Nathalie & Fabian.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    and R/T could knock out I/K off the podium

    I think R/T are massively over-scored in Russian events. There is no way they are so close to I/K and B/S as national scores showed. I/K an B/S posted scores around 97(FD) this season and around 65(SD). R/T didn't scored over 60 in the SD and didn't even make it to 90 in the FD.(around 86 or 87 I believe). They usually have technical issues and almost never get the levels. All level 4 in RN was suspicious and the GOE was insane. Baring any big mistakes from I/K, R/T will not challenge I/K for the podium IMO. With Victoria and Ruslan on the other hand, considering their rapid improvement, there would be another story but I don't see R/T loosing the third place in the team any time soon. I/K beat B/S on PCS both in GPF and Russian Nationals FD. They can challenge and even beat B/S at worlds. R/T won't beat them internationally unless a meltdown happens.

  4. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I think R/T are massively over-scored in Russian events. There is no way they are so close to I/K and B/S as national scores showed. I/K an B/S posted scores around 97(FD) this season and around 65(SD). R/T didn't scored over 60 in the SD and didn't even make it to 90 in the FD.(around 86 or 87 I believe). They usually have technical issues and almost never get the levels. All level 4 in RN was suspicious and the GOE was insane. Baring any big mistakes from I/K, R/T will not challenge I/K for the podium IMO. With Victoria and Ruslan on the other hand, considering their rapid improvement, there would be another story but I don't see R/T loosing the third place in the team any time soon. I/K beat B/S on PCS both in GPF and Russian Nationals FD. They can challenge and even beat B/S at worlds. R/T won't beat them internationally unless a meltdown happens.
    though R/T were indeed overscored at nationals especially at the FD
    its not like I/K and B/S have consistent levels they are are still a bit inconsistent
    still R/T should be safe going to Worlds and should make the Olympics team ,S/Z wont challenge for now, they are a bit going backwards with kustarova
    their only competition will be the junior talents S/B who will be seniors next season, if politics play they could send S/B as Rus No.3 , also Bukin being a son of Ice Dance Olympic Champions

  5. #50
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    yeah with a fall from soloviev, B/S have higher pcs than C/L and I/K
    its just a matter of B/S getting all their high levels
    C/L actually received a slightly higher PCS in the FD at the GPF (B/S 49.03, C/L 49.32)...

  6. #51
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,827
    Igor Shpilband has never been the coach (or co-coach) of a team that has won Europeans, AFAIR. Looking at how C&L have been skating, and with P&B out, I'm thinking, "Go Igor!!"

    Keep European Gold in Michigan

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,870
    Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV will be at Euro. Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV WD.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130118/640571724.html (Russian)

    Why? No info.

  8. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    how long does those boots adjustments last ????
    maybe he got Yuri got an ankle injury like Julia from the boots and still not ready

    good chance for K/S medaling now

  9. #54
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,870
    Yuri LARIONOV has injury of hand (and unability for some pair elements) - said Gorshkov.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130118/640574249.html (Russian)

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Yuri LARIONOV has injury of hand (and unability for some pair elements) - said Gorshkov.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130118/640574249.html (Russian)
    Somehow glad it's not something serious(and that it's not about her since I remember she had some health issues later).
    This is sad news, I was looking forward to see them go against both S/S and V/T since I feel they closed the gap a bit lately.
    But I can't wait to see S/K interesting programs once again, especially that SP, it's one of the best pair SP of the season and it's bad enough we probably won't be seeing them at worlds

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,870
    ^
    It's a problem - if nation has more than three excellent skaners/couples, we can not see them all at ISU Championships.

    I believe, it would be good - if sum of three places not higher than 10 (only one nation may have this result), national team has 4 spots.

  12. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Yuri LARIONOV has injury of hand (and unability for some pair elements) - said Gorshkov.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130118/640574249.html (Russian)
    wrist injury hopefully will be healed within week and will be ready by Worlds

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,870
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/7907.html (Russian)
    Larionov injuried because of fall at practice, landing on hand.
    There is a chance that injury is not very serious and he will be in good state before Worlds.

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    ^
    It's a problem - if nation has more than three excellent skaners/couples, we can not see them all at ISU Championships.

    I believe, it would be good - if sum of three places not higher than 10 (only one nation may have this result), national team has 4 spots.
    I agree. Heck 4 spots will still be far from enough for the Japanese men for instance. I understand the logic between the 3 spots maximum but there is something wrong when national events are more competitive than international ISU big events( like russian nationals for pairs and Japanese men event)
    I'm crossing my fingers for Yuri to get well for worlds

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    good chance for K/S medaling now
    A good chance? Do you really think S/K or the Italians would beat them? It wasn't a give in that B/L would beat them.

    S/S, V/T and K/S will medal unless one of them gets sick or hurt.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •