Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Entries

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    It's basically the same, but sending Zandron instead of Bacchini is much more ridiculous than sending Kovtun instead of Menshov.
    Looks like that decision got reversed now.

I wonder why the 3rd placed lady at Italian Nationals (Giada Russo) isn't even on the substitute list...

Italian federation's decisions are very often .

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Looks like that decision got reversed now.

I wonder why the 3rd placed lady at Italian Nationals (Giada Russo) isn't even on the substitute list...

Italian federation's decisions are very often .
    The federation doesn't decide only by looking at the results of Nationals. These are the guidelines that were released at the beginning of December (before the championships were held):
    Worlds and European Championships
    Ladies
    First two spots already assigned to Kostner and Marchei
    Third spot: Rio or Rodeghiero
    The choice will be made following these guidelines:
    - ISU minimum score attained during the current or the previous season (before December 2012 for EC, February 2013 for WC)
    - three different triple jumps ratified this season (no < or <<, and GOE not inferior to -2)
    - best score in the SP attained in an international event this season and the Italian Championships
    If the results are equal, the assignments will be split between the two skaters.

So, Russo wasn't considered from the beginning. She's very young though (15), and Rodeghiero and Rio are both much more experienced, so this choice doesn't surprise me. Being the best junior lady, she'll probably get the Junior Worlds spot.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Thank you Kalina, that makes much more sense now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    (...)
    So, Russo wasn't considered from the beginning. She's very young though (15), and Rodeghiero and Rio are both much more experienced, so this choice doesn't surprise me. Being the best junior lady, she'll probably get the Junior Worlds spot.
    I believe, age must not be a problem. Many very young girls in past had good results (Asada etc, and yes, Tara Lipinski).

Giada Russo has only two triples - 3T and 3S, and they are not stable enough, as shows her JGP Event.
    Two other mentioned Ladies have three triples.

So (for me) it looks not as "she is excluded", rather "she doesn't meet the requrements while two others meet".
    Last edited by AlexRus; 01-15-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    I believe, age must not be a problem. Many very young girls in past had good results (Asada etc, and yes, Tara Lipinski).

Giada Russo has only two triples - 3T and 3S, and they are not stable enough, as shows her JGP Event.
    Two other mentioned Ladies have three triples.

So (for me) it looks not as "she is excluded", rather "she doesn't meet the requrements while two others meet".
    That's correct

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    For example Elena Vodorezova at 1976, when she was 12. There were no age limits, and she was at Euro, Worlda and Olympics, because she was best of Ladies in USSR.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f5UV9U2VqA - her SP at Olympics. Her jumps look strange now, but how HIGH are they!

It looks like Tobias & Stagniunas are out of euros due to him being injured. :/

Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    It looks like Tobias & Stagniunas are out of euros due to him being injured. :/
    Really an unlucky season for them...

Custom Title
    https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/291959929366003712
    European Ice Dance Champions N. Pechalat/F. Bourzat (FRA) withdrawn from EC due to injury (Fabian). :-(((

Custom Title
    this is so sad!!

Here is an article from french newspaper L'equipe
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...forfait/343216

I am really sorry for them. Hopefully Fabian will get well soon.

Now, it will be really an unpredictable event: B/S, C/L, I/K could all win the Gold...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Now, it will be really an unpredictable event: B/S, C/L, I/K could all win the Gold...
    Ice dance is going to be much more boring now that we now the podium unless huge mistakes happen. We don't know the winner though. I don't think it's gonna be I/K, I think it's going to be a tight battle between C/L and B/S

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Ice dance is going to be much more boring now that we now the podium unless huge mistakes happen. We don't know the winner though. I don't think it's gonna be I/K, I think it's going to be a tight battle between C/L and B/S
    and R/T could knock out I/K off the podium

Custom Title
    C/l have to be the new frontrunners. The gpf shows c/l are the second euro team to p/b this season as b/s are falling behind and I/k beat them with that ghost dance in the fd.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast