Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Entries

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    The website says it's delayed so I'm not sure if they are there or not. I could have read it wrong though.
    About 23:00 (Zagreb time, i.e. 22:00 UTC) they landed there.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/401_aerobus-...portu-zagreba/ (Russian)

Custom Title
    Tatjana Flade
    Still some skaters without luggage at Euros: J. Fernandez, A. Majorov, Popova/Massot.
    https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/293683539298361344

Banned
    ^ Is it true that Javi skates haven't arrived yet? That's why in all pics he is just sitting in the arena sadly and not skating. Who gives his/her skates to luggage. They must be alwasy "on board" as hand luggage.

Let's talk, you haven't been able to take skates in hand luggage for years!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    Why? Terrorism issue?

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Why? Terrorism issue?
    A blade is a sharp instrument, therefore a threat to security!

Custom Title
    https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/293706090384871425
    A. Savchenko/R. Szolkowy finally arrived in Zagreb for Euros.

Banned
    A blade is a sharp instrument, therefore a threat to security!
    Haha. Poor skaters. That's why you should use your own jet to fly.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Minimum scores mean no Clara Peters. :(

And she was one of the most enjoyable performers.

Ever since 9/11.

Custom Title
    Skates are absolutely allowed on domestic flights. I have never traveled outside the US with my skates so I don't know about their rules. I have always been allowed to carry them on and have never had a problem with TSA

Examples of prohibited items at passenger security checkpoints and carry-on bags include:

Baseball bats
    Cricket bats
    Golf clubs
    Hunting knives
    Pool cues
    Ski poles
    Bows and arrows
    Hockey sticks
    Martial arts devices
    Scuba knives
    Spear guns
    http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...bited-items#11

Custom Title
    So sorry to learn about all delayed flights and lost luggage for all the participants; skaters, coaches, judges and other officials. Especially Javier's skates...
    I sincerely hope all skaters can get themselves ready in time for the big comp both mentally, physically and equipment-wise.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    Skates are absolutely allowed on domestic flights. I have never traveled outside the US with my skates so I don't know about their rules. I have always been allowed to carry them on and have never had a problem with TSA

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...bited-items#11
    Ah, but you are perhaps unaware of the complete history. For many years after 9/11, skates (well, the blades anyway) were indeed prohibited from carry-on luggage. It was only later that the TSA changed these rules (at least for domestic flights) to allow skates in the cabin. Even now, there are many TSA stations in the USA that refuse to believe this is so, and will refuse passage on the grounds they are potentially dangerous weapons. Regardless of what you quote from the rule book....but that's a digression from the thread.

Outside the USA, you'll find that most countries still prohibit blades from hand luggage. Some skaters resort to what they feel is a more reliable method than trusting their airline, and use international courier shipping by FedEx or DHL. Expensive though, has Customs implications, and not foolproof.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Ah, but you are perhaps unaware of the complete history. For many years after 9/11, skates (well, the blades anyway) were indeed prohibited from carry-on luggage. It was only later that the TSA changed these rules (at least for domestic flights) to allow skates in the cabin. Even now, there are many TSA stations in the USA that refuse to believe this is so, and will refuse passage on the grounds they are potentially dangerous weapons. Regardless of what you quote from the rule book....but that's a digression from the thread.

Outside the USA, you'll find that most countries still prohibit blades from hand luggage. Some skaters resort to what they feel is a more reliable method than trusting their airline, and use international courier shipping by FedEx or DHL. Expensive though, has Customs implications, and not foolproof.
    As I said, I don't travel with my skates outside of the US so I don't care what the rules are since they don't apply to me. But the US has allowed skates for at least 7 years now as 9-11 happened over 11 years ago. Many rules in regards to what can be taken on a flight have changed for the better and worse; but skates are no longer on that list (if they ever were) as I have never been unable to carry them on domestically.

If a TSA doesn't know the rules, that is to be dealt with at the time of boarding. Rules are rules and can’t be arbitrarily set by the TSA if the FAA says otherwise.

Anyway for someone to say “you haven't been able to take skates in hand luggage for years!!!” is simply not true as a blanket statement.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Well, this is a Europeans thread. :P

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Well, this is a Europeans thread. :P
    Exactly.
    A friend of mine forgot a dinner knife in her bag, and had to remove it when she boarded on the plane a few months ago. The kind of knife that won't cut even if you try to stab someone with it, child-proof etc. Obviously skates are much more dangerous.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast