Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yamaguchi, Davis/White: Kellogg's Team USA

Rinkside

Yamaguchi, Davis/White: Kellogg's Team USA

Kellogg's Launches One Year Countdown to the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games with Announcement of Team Kellogg's Team USA Athletes.

http://www.mlive.com/prnewswire/inde...0188761&page=1

D/W deserve this 100%. SO happy they finally got an endorsement!

Custom Title
    Tremendous!

It's a nice plus that Kellogg's, like Davis and White, is based in Michigan.

Custom Title
    d/w should be on it. not kristi. (it just should be for current athletes only) not past-.they have already got all the thing they need.

she has way too much, we won't buy it if she is on it.

hopefully will have d/w where we are at.

Custom Title
    Because of how skating in America is I was concerned that people at Kelloggs may have thought Yamaguchi was still competiing and trying to go to Sochi! LOL!! Good for Davis and White though that they got the endorsement.

Kellogg's went with Kristi because they think that Kristi can sell corn flakes. It has nothing to do with who will be competing in Sochi or who "deserves" an endorsement opportunity.

Custom Title
    Exactly, Mathman. Besides, Jim Craig is about three Olympics behind even Kristi, and he's there. I think it's very clever of Kellogg's to have chosen two longtime household words for this team, because (in addition to selling corn flakes, which is a perfectly legitimate thing for a cereal company to want to do) this draws people in who have never heard of Meryl or Charlie or the Paralympians or the extreme-sports athletes. It will create new fans for the young ones.

Now, if they could only have persuaded Michelle to be a co-co-captain....

I am just glad there are some sponsors left who are willing to put a few bucks into skating....Smuckers has stood by us through thick and thin. Every once in awhile I contact them and tell them how much I appreicate it and tell them which of their products I enjoy. Sometimes I daydream a game called "What if?" What if 100, 000 skating fans e-mailed Kellogg and said they were so appreciative of them supporting D and W that on March 1st, they each would go out and buy 10 boxes of Sugar Froasted flakes?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I am just glad there are some sponsors left who are willing to put a few bucks into skating....Smuckers has stood by us through thick and thin. Every once in awhile I contact them and tell them how much I appreicate it and tell them which of their products I enjoy. Sometimes I daydream a game called "What if?" What if 100, 000 skating fans e-mailed Kellogg and said they were so appreciative of them supporting D and W that on March 1st, they each would go out and buy 10 boxes of Sugar Froasted flakes?
    that in itself is frustrating because i highly doubt that you get to their level of fitness by eating sugar frosted flakes. and if i indulge in it and sit around watching tv (and watching them skate), then i won't be joining them in that level of fitness anytime soon. it's great that they have a sponsor but it's one of those sponsors where ... you know those two are just there for money and promotion because they have nothing else in common.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Well, as well as Sugar Frosted Flakes, Kellogg's also sells Kashi, Miniwheats, corn flakes without sugar coating & Rice Krispies, and raisin bran.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Don't eat anything Kelloggs sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Kellogg's went with Kristi because they think that Kristi can sell corn flakes. It has nothing to do with who will be competing in Sochi or who "deserves" an endorsement opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Exactly, Mathman. Besides, Jim Craig is about three Olympics behind even Kristi, and he's there. I think it's very clever of Kellogg's to have chosen two longtime household words for this team, because (in addition to selling corn flakes, which is a perfectly legitimate thing for a cereal company to want to do) this draws people in who have never heard of Meryl or Charlie or the Paralympians or the extreme-sports athletes. It will create new fans for the young ones.

Now, if they could only have persuaded Michelle to be a co-co-captain....
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I am just glad there are some sponsors left who are willing to put a few bucks into skating....Smuckers has stood by us through thick and thin. Every once in awhile I contact them and tell them how much I appreciate it and tell them which of their products I enjoy. Sometimes I daydream a game called "What if?" What if 100, 000 skating fans e-mailed Kellogg and said they were so appreciative of them supporting D and W that on March 1st, they each would go out and buy 10 boxes of Sugar Frosted flakes?

except for one thing. I wish that Smuckers would still sponsor SOI (maybe, just maybe, there would be more shows for this season's tour?). Wishful thinking on my part?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Well, as well as Sugar Frosted Flakes, Kellogg's also sells Kashi, Miniwheats, corn flakes without sugar coating & Rice Krispies, and raisin bran.
    Kellogg's does Kashi? I'm in. And I'm quite fond of the occasional Raisin Bran.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Kellogg's does Kashi? I'm in. And I'm quite fond of the occasional Raisin Bran.
    Well I guess it will make you "regular". But I hope this endorsement doesn't give D and W a huge advantage over V and M who are Canadians and don't nearly have the endorsement opportunities. Canada is one tenth the size of the US. I am not sure the word 'deservd' is right. So many deserving skaters. I wish we could support them all even Fumie if she wants to skate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast