Kindle Fire HD | Golden Skate

Kindle Fire HD

JimboC518

Rinkside
Hey guys I have this tablet and am wondering how to get the icenetwork videos to play. I only get a blue screen :(

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
lots of luck. Android 4.0 and above is no longer being supported by Adobe flash. Dont you just love corporate wars?
I wanted one(Kindle Fire HD) to connect to my TV with the micro HDMI cable so I could watch icenetwork but read about all the problems due to the in-fighting.
Still, I would ask Icenetwork if someone hasnt come up with a work-around fix which is possible. Let us know what you
find out from Icenetwork.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is!!

I just received a Kindle Fire HD for my birthday. As I feared (from this thread), although IN worked on my old Kindle Fire, it didn't work at all on my HD, because the Adobe Flash Player is not on it.

However, it is now working again, thanks to Laura M. Dean of the Kindle Fire Amazon community, I tried the following, and it works awesomely :) Much better than my old Fire. Even the control buttons for full screen and volume work all the time (they used to be a little wonky, hit them and sometimes nothing happened).

To install Flash: (You have to have a Flash compatible browser in order to install Flash. You can't install it under Silk.)

Do the following on the Fire/Fire HD itself:

Swipe down from the top > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications.

Install ES File Explorer: ES File Explorer

Download and install the Dolphin HD and Flash Player apk files from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9d8gxh75f0747f1/83fV5m6x2c

Once both files are downloaded to your Fire, open ES File Explorer and look in the "Downloads" folder. You should see both files there. Install Dolphin HD *first* by tapping on the icon. Then install Flash.

To do IN, once everything is installed, open your new Dolphin browser, go to IN and there I was.

I'm always happy when my old brain can stumblingly cope with new technology. :)

BTW, once the Dolphin Browser is working, I turned off the Install App permission under device again.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hooked up the Kindlefire HD to my Toshiba TV with a miniHDMI to HDMI cable and just watched the whole of the World Synchro SP on IN on my TV. IN had one freeze, but otherwise, it ran great for the whole 3 hours of the program.

I'm very happy.