Trankov on improving short program | Golden Skate

Trankov on improving short program

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only technical glitch in Volosozhar and Trankov’s colorful and sultry performance to Nino Rota’s The Godfather was a level two they received for their death spiral. All other non-jumping elements, including the triple twist, received a level four.

“Our death spiral is planned to be a level three,” explained Trankov, “and we still have a lot of work to do to bring it up to a level four. Other than that, though, I guess the only thing we can truly improve is interpretation.

More from the Pairs Short Program at Russian Nationals

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
the Russians (pairs) seem to have a lot of trouble with the death spiral and getting upper levels. It seems the Russian Federation has given up on K and S - they should have been closer to V and T. Their scores also suggest they are not a threat for a medal - Russia may be destroying a potential medal winning team.

StellaCampo

On the Ice
the Russians (pairs) seem to have a lot of trouble with the death spiral and getting upper levels. It seems the Russian Federation has given up on K and S - they should have been closer to V and T. Their scores also suggest they are not a threat for a medal - Russia may be destroying a potential medal winning team.

It seems to me that they kept a distance between VT and KS because the absent BL should be in between. Although I don't believe in conspiracy theory I too sense some intentionality here. However, KS have been their own biggest enemies, what with their jumps and twists. I'm not sure exactly what has gone wrong with their career management. Perhaps injuries, lack of talent?