Third gold for Bobrova and Soloviev at Russian Nationals | Golden Skate

Third gold for Bobrova and Soloviev at Russian Nationals

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitri Soloviev won their third consecutive national title. Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov won the silver, while Ekaterina Riazanova and Ilia Tkachenko pulled up to win a bronze and completed the repeat of the podium from last two national championships.

More

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Zzzzz, hopefully Ilinykh and Katsalapov pull ahead at Worlds, like last year, although I definitely dont want (nor expect) either team on the podium this year. B&S may be improved, but they still are such a generic brand of skaters for me.

Macassar88

Medalist
Zzzzz, hopefully Ilinykh and Katsalapov pull ahead at Worlds, like last year, although I definitely dont want (nor expect) either team on the podium this year. B&S may be improved, but they still are such a generic brand of skaters for me.

So you find "hey! I'm talking to you, esse" to Bobrova and Soloviev's FD?

bramweld

Record Breaker
So you find "hey! I'm talking to you, esse" to Bobrova and Soloviev's FD?

I find them equally interesting. I/K are sweet and delicate yet with a powerful, fluid and graceful style. I wish they skated to Romeo and Juliet, or Claire de Lune or even the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack. B/S are all about drama, that is their strong suit. I/K are young yet and their program is not as sophisticated as B/S, but they have the best skating skills, and at nationals their execution of the elements was amazing. I'm hopeful that in time them and S/Z will get even better programs that allow them to shine. Russia has a very impressively deep ice dance field at the moment.

Last edited: