Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Yu Na Kim Will Compete at Korean Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    A fall and a popped into a single triple lutz--the idea of a short, "technical," program has really changed, hasn't it? I'll be very interested to see the protocols on this.
    ? I don't get your point. Are you saying the skaters who have a fall or a popped jump in SP are not technical at all? Who in the current ladies field can pull of 3lz-3t and 3f-3t at will? If that's not a technical ability, I don't know what is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    ? I don't get your point. Are you saying the skaters who have a fall or a popped jump in SP are not technical at all? Who in the current ladies field can pull of 3lz-3t and 3f-3t at will? If that's not a technical ability, I don't know what is.
    You are correct that under the current system, fulfilling all of the technical requirements of the short program is no longer important.

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    You are correct that under the current system, fulfilling all of the technical requirements of the short program is no longer important.
    I definitely think it's because more weight is put into the "smaller" elements as well. A triple lutz is like what, six points? If she'd had done that jump, she would probably have reached her NRW score. Same with Mao and her Nationals SP with that popped triple loop.

In the end, a popped jump/fall may not make for a pretty program, but there is so much more in the program itself to be savored.

Tripping on the Podium
    Wow. That took some gut to throw a 3F-3T after such disastrous start. (Having said that, I'm a bit dubious about the rotation of 3T- looks tad bit UR to my eyes) I thought she looked much more into the music and alert to the choreography, which actually showed even when she tried to hold the ending pose longer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    I definitely think it's because more weight is put into the "smaller" elements as well. A triple lutz is like what, six points? If she'd had done that jump, she would probably have reached her NRW score. Same with Mao and her Nationals SP with that popped triple loop.

In the end, a popped jump/fall may not make for a pretty program, but there is so much more in the program itself to be savored.
    Only Mao and Akiko got a lot of heat from posters for scoring in 60s for what they did in SP at their nationals, including sarcastic posts from one of the mods, didn't they?

Anyway, I agree with EyesOfLove, I think Yuna performed this program a lot better than at NRW and I actually start to like it. It has potential to turn into something interesting and unique with this dark but beautiful music and I hope she performs it flawlessly at Worlds. Too bad about the stupid fall, she obviously did not have enough time to recover before going into the Lutz, but it was very enjoyable nevertheless.

Custom Title
    She did single lutz single toe as her combo.
    So her 3F-3T should be 0, right?

I don't think international judges will give her credit for her 3F-3T.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post

No you misunderstood it. She popped her lutz - it means she didn't make it combo. Single lutz + 3F3T + 2A

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sather View Post
    No you misunderstood it. She popped her lutz - it means she didn't make it combo. Single lutz + 3F3T + 2A
    She popped her lutz, and then her free leg was in motion for the toe combo. It looks like a little hop from the video. Just because you pop the first jump doesn't mean it can't be a combo.

http://news.jtbc.co.kr/article/artic..._id=NB10226424

Custom Title
    she did a little turn after her triple lutz that could have been considered a single toe, but actually she didn't jump at all on that turn, and I didn't even notice at first sight

Custom Title
    ^ Her right foot never leaves the ice, so it can't be a single toeloop.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post

Look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mARusQqM_WQ

Clear broadcast version. Her blade never left the ice. She did NOT hop.
    Last edited by Krislite; 01-05-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Anyone have a link to protocols?

Custom Title
    A triple flip triple toe after an attempted triple lutz. Amazing and so different from what the other top skaters in thee world do like the current wc and the gpf champion with no lutzes or no 3/3 and the sp even has a lutz. So different and admirable from a difficulty standpoint.

Custom Title
    There should be imo a more severe penalty for missing a required element.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Anyone have a link to protocols?
    Here you go Doris.
    http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...pse6bb84a8.gif

And for comparison's sake, here are the NRW protocols.
    http://www.lev-nrw.org/lev2008/docs/..._SP_Scores.pdf

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast