Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Yu Na Kim Will Compete at Korean Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    I am speechless
    I was never one of her biggest fan prior to her first "comeback" for Worlds 2011 but this was simply exquisite!
    It is like she has found an inner joy to compete again and that she really"want" to be out there.
    Her speed,her attack are just out of this world and I am very impressed by everything she has showed us so far!
    You couldn't have said it any better. Wow, when you expect more or less, Yuna goes out there and bamn! strikes the biggest surprise and determination.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    This clean performance was out of the blue given yesterday's mishap and then today's poor ice conditions and her fall during the warm-up. The ice actually looked a little wet.

Yuna typically skates a clean SP and then makes 1 or 2 mistakes in the free. This weekend she did the exact opposite. Figure Skating is so full of surprises sometimes.
    Yeah I know what you mean, given the poor conditions of the ice and room temperature and her fall during warm up (Again! Just like yesterday), I was totally expect the worst, especially she rarely ever goes clean at her LP right? I am now utterly stunned and shell shocked at what I saw.

Oh man... I still feel so buzzy right now, feeling like I just had 10 expressos. Havn't felt like this way about anyone's skating since witnessed Yuna's Olympic Skates! Gosh... what did I just saw?? It still feels surreal. I guess that's why she is the reigning Olympic Champion. 19 months away hasn't changed it one bit.

This clean performance was out of the blue given yesterday's mishap and then today's poor ice conditions and her fall during the warm-up. The ice actually looked a little wet.

Yuna typically skates a clean SP and then makes 1 or 2 mistakes in the free. This weekend she did the exact opposite. Figure Skating is so full of surprises sometimes.
    The ice seemed wet. Also there were some odd sound when skaters were gliding over the ice during warmup, etc.

I'm hoping for a good fancam. The commentators and all the camera shutters constantly going off are just annoying and distracting. Anyways, what fine performance.

I'm hoping for a good fancam. The commentators and all the camera shutters constantly going off are just annoying and distracting. Anyways, what fine performance.
    They were even more annoying during warmup, and if you understand them, the annoying factor goes up by about 100x

Custom Title
    Good performances. Can't say anything was really missing. Should be very competiive for another world title.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    They were even more annoying during warmup, and if you understand them, the annoying factor goes up by about 100x
    Sooooo true. Especially when Yuna went into the highlight of the program I wanted to scream at them "Please shut up!" They kept adding completely meaningless comments.

Custom Title
    Here's a rinkside view of Yuna's performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49mQTovkrc

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean, given the poor conditions of the ice and room temperature and her fall during warm up (Again! Just like yesterday), I was totally expect the worst, especially she rarely ever goes clean at her LP right? I am now utterly stunned and shell shocked at what I saw.

Oh man... I still feel so buzzy right now, feeling like I just had 10 expressos. Havn't felt like this way about anyone's skating since witnessed Yuna's Olympic Skates! Gosh... what did I just saw?? It still feels surreal. I guess that's why she is the reigning Olympic Champion. 19 months away hasn't changed it one bit.
    Amazing...just watched the fan cam of her FP;-))) she won't be satisfied still with some details of the program as I know her;-)) but jumps cleanly, and she is the best ice skater technically in this 21st century, no doubt about that. (@os168 : cant write you any PMs your message box on this forum is full:-)

Quote Originally Posted by TarAncalime View Post
    Amazing...just watched the fan cam of her FP;-))) she won't be satisfied still with some details of the program as I know her;-)) but jumps cleanly, and she is the best ice skater technically in this 21st century, no doubt about that. (@os168 : cant write you any PMs your message box on this forum is full:-)
    True, there's still some refining to be done. Her spins in particular. But wow! She's quite a fighter and a competitor. I still had some lingering doubts about her desire and ability to compete after her long break, but her recovery yesterday and then her clean long program just erased those doubts for me. I'm so glad she competed at least twice before Worlds (unlike the 2011 Worlds). I think this (both the mistakes in the SP and the clean performance in the LP) will prepare her very well.

Why Yuna doesn't perform her 2A-3T? Or 3F-3T? In the first case she could then add a 2L to the 3S-2T and in the second she would abandon the 2T after 3S. I know she doesn't need it in order to win but she's definitely capable of doin so. Her 2A-3T was solid as a rock everytime she performed it and we've seen she still can do 3F-3T. Is it because of stamina? Or she just doesn't want to do what's not necessary? Do you have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    Why Yuna doesn't perform her 2A-3T? Or 3F-3T? In the first case she could then add a 2L to the 3S-2T and in the second she would abandon the 2T after 3S. I know she doesn't need it in order to win but she's definitely capable of doin so. Her 2A-3T was solid as a rock everytime she performed it and we've seen she still can do 3F-3T. Is it because of stamina? Or she just doesn't want to do what's not necessary? Do you have any idea?
    Zayak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    Because Yuna lacks 3loop in her FS repertoire. She now repeats 3lz and 3sal.

On the Ice
    Great job done!

I'm relieved that Kim's come back will put an end to ladies figure skating's mess.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings on the Japanese Nationals ladies' thread.
    ^ Yeah, great sarcasm indeed considering the score at Korean Nationals:

SP Nationals:

Kim Yuna- 64.97, with 1Lu and a fall
    Asada: 62.81 with 1Loop and no 3-3
    Suzuki: 65.09 with no 3-3
    Kostner: 70.13 with no 3-3 and no flip/lutz jump

SP Russian Nationals:

All first three skated clean, with 3-3 and had no -GOE on any element:
    Liza: 69.50 with 3Lu-3T including
    Adelya: 66.99
    Lena: 64.58 with 3Lu-3T and 3F

People often compain that Ladies field is weak. Looking at these result I wonder how it can become stronger.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast