Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Yu Na Kim Will Compete at Korean Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Because Yuna lacks 3loop in her FS repertoire. She now repeats 3lz and 3sal.
    She could actually do a 2A+3T without a 3Loop, but it would require something like a 2Lz:
    3Lz+3T
    3F
    2A+2T+2L
    2A+3T
    3Lz
    3S
    2Lz (tano)

I believe this actually has a higher base value than her current layout, though some say the solo 2Lz would not be a good choice.

I'd be no less thrilled with a clean long program like her nationals free skate, even if she doesn't do a 2A+3T.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    SP Nationals:

Kim Yuna- 64.97, with 1Lu and a fall
    Asada: 62.81 with 1Loop and no 3-3
    Suzuki: 65.09 with no 3-3
    Kostner: 70.13 with no 3-3 and no flip/lutz jump

it's wrong
    Kim Yuna- 64.97, with 1Lu and triple flip+triple toe

Rinkside
    Hi guys. I'm Ben. I have been reading this forum for months but only now decided to register. I'm sooo happy with Yuna' s result! The queen is sooo back! I'm both a Yuna and a Caro fan believe it or not. I' ve been following these girls since I saw them at worlds in 2007. What I love most about them is their mature artistry and passion with which they both skate. Having said that, what do you think about theyr pcs scores at nationals both in sp and fs. It is the highest that females ever recieved under the new score system. Yuna: 35+, 75+ and Caro: 36+, 76+. Aren' t they too high? Would they be scored this high at worlds if they would skate clean? Just want an honest opinion from you guys. Thanks.

Yuna's interview at the end of the victory ceremony

Interview part only (at the end)

- Please tell me how you feel about your victory

It's my 1st comp in Korea in a while. I was able to do well thanks to your support. Thank you.

- What's your dream/goals for the worlds?

It's an important step toward Sochi. In addition to just doing well there, I want to earn as many spots as possible, so that younger skaters from Korea can go to Sochi too. (lots of cheering, so I missed most of what she said there) Olympics happen every 4 years, and the experience is something you'll never forget, and I want to give that to the young skaters.

(then the interviewer started explaining that if Yuna gets silver or gold, Korea gets 3 spots, and Yuna sort of swayed back and forth a lil , like she's feeling the pressure, while the crowd cheered lol.)

- Let's give loud cheering for Yuna so she can earn THREE!

(cheering)

Quote Originally Posted by francodimatia View Post
    Hi guys. I'm Ben. I have been reading this forum for months but only now decided to register. I'm sooo happy with Yuna' s result! The queen is sooo back! I'm both a Yuna and a Caro fan believe it or not. I' ve been following these girls since I saw them at worlds in 2007. What I love most about them is their mature artistry and passion with which they both skate. Having said that, what do you think about theyr pcs scores at nationals both in sp and fs. It is the highest that females ever recieved under the new score system. Yuna: 35+, 75+ and Caro: 36+, 76+. Aren' t they too high? Would they be scored this high at worlds if they would skate clean? Just want an honest opinion from you guys. Thanks.
    Getting scores like that at nats doesn't mean you'll necessarily get the similar score at the worlds, even w/ the same performance.

Custom Title
    Very strong free program from Kim.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    Here's a rinkside view of Yuna's performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49mQTovkrc
    What a wonderful gift Yuna has given to her country with this performance on home ice! What a spectacular display of ice skating ability and just a magnificent return to competitive skating by Queen Yuna. I'm looking forward to seeing her at Worlds which is shaping up to be a great competition.

Custom Title
    Absolutely breathtaking and moving. I, admittedly not a judge, would have given her a few tens in the PCS scores.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by jatale View Post
    What a wonderful gift Yuna has given to her country with this performance on home ice! What a spectacular display of ice skating ability and just a magnificent return to competitive skating by Queen Yuna. I'm looking forward to seeing her at Worlds which is shaping up to be a great competition.
    I agree, it used to remind me when Michelle gave us great performances on national ice.

Custom Title
    After seeing Kim and Kostner at Nationals, I think Mao will be lucky to finish in third place at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    After seeing Kim and Kostner at Nationals, I think Mao will be lucky to finish in third place at Worlds.
    Umm. Why???. Have u seen Mao? I think that assumption is exagerated

Quote Originally Posted by francodimatia View Post
    Welcome! And, my answer to your question: no, they wouldn't. At Nationals like Italian/Korean the judges don't have a comparison: there is one (sometimes two) excellent skater, the others are pretty normal, so they usually overscore that skater because he/she is clearly head and shoulders above all the rest; in Japan, for example, they have a lot of very good ladies so the scores aren't too inflated. But I believe that, when Kostner wouldn't receive 10 or 9.75 in international competitions, Yu-Na wasn't really a lot overscored: the technical score was correct, maybe the PCS would be 2-3 points lower, but not a lot I think...

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Welcome! And, my answer to your question: no, they wouldn't. At Nationals like Italian/Korean the judges don't have a comparison: there is one (sometimes two) excellent skater, the others are pretty normal, so they usually overscore that skater because he/she is clearly head and shoulders above all the rest; in Japan, for example, they have a lot of very good ladies so the scores aren't too inflated. But I believe that, when Kostner wouldn't receive 10 or 9.75 in international competitions, Yu-Na wasn't really a lot overscored: the technical score was correct, maybe the PCS would be 2-3 points lower, but not a lot I think...
    I don't think CaroK is going to get 10 at worlds either, but Yuna, if she skates clean, will likely get the similar TES and slightly lower PCS like you said.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast