Yu Na Kim Will Compete at Korean Nationals | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Yu Na Kim Will Compete at Korean Nationals

gmyers

Record Breaker
Good performances. Can't say anything was really missing. Should be very competiive for another world title.

sather

Rinkside
They were even more annoying during warmup, and if you understand them, the annoying factor goes up by about 100x

Sooooo true. Especially when Yuna went into the highlight of the program I wanted to scream at them "Please shut up!" They kept adding completely meaningless comments.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Yeah I know what you mean, given the poor conditions of the ice and room temperature and her fall during warm up (Again! Just like yesterday), I was totally expect the worst, especially she rarely ever goes clean at her LP right? I am now utterly stunned and shell shocked at what I saw.

Oh man... I still feel so buzzy right now, feeling like I just had 10 expressos. Havn't felt like this way about anyone's skating since witnessed Yuna's Olympic Skates! Gosh... what did I just saw?? It still feels surreal. I guess that's why she is the reigning Olympic Champion. 19 months away hasn't changed it one bit.

Amazing...just watched the fan cam of her FP;-))) she won't be satisfied still with some details of the program as I know her;-)) but jumps cleanly, and she is the best ice skater technically in this 21st century, no doubt about that. (@os168 : cant write you any PMs your message box on this forum is full:)

Krislite

Medalist
Amazing...just watched the fan cam of her FP;-))) she won't be satisfied still with some details of the program as I know her;-)) but jumps cleanly, and she is the best ice skater technically in this 21st century, no doubt about that. (@os168 : cant write you any PMs your message box on this forum is full:)

True, there's still some refining to be done. Her spins in particular. But wow! She's quite a fighter and a competitor. I still had some lingering doubts about her desire and ability to compete after her long break, but her recovery yesterday and then her clean long program just erased those doubts for me. I'm so glad she competed at least twice before Worlds (unlike the 2011 Worlds). I think this (both the mistakes in the SP and the clean performance in the LP) will prepare her very well.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Why Yuna doesn't perform her 2A-3T? Or 3F-3T? In the first case she could then add a 2L to the 3S-2T and in the second she would abandon the 2T after 3S. I know she doesn't need it in order to win but she's definitely capable of doin so. Her 2A-3T was solid as a rock everytime she performed it and we've seen she still can do 3F-3T. Is it because of stamina? Or she just doesn't want to do what's not necessary? Do you have any idea?

Nadia01

Final Flight
Why Yuna doesn't perform her 2A-3T? Or 3F-3T? In the first case she could then add a 2L to the 3S-2T and in the second she would abandon the 2T after 3S. I know she doesn't need it in order to win but she's definitely capable of doin so. Her 2A-3T was solid as a rock everytime she performed it and we've seen she still can do 3F-3T. Is it because of stamina? Or she just doesn't want to do what's not necessary? Do you have any idea?

Zayak.

Because Yuna lacks 3loop in her FS repertoire. She now repeats 3lz and 3sal.

loren

Rinkside
Great job done!

I'm relieved that Kim's come back will put an end to ladies figure skating's mess.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings on the Japanese Nationals ladies' thread. :eek::
^ :rofl: Yeah, great sarcasm indeed considering the score at Korean Nationals:

SP Nationals:

Kim Yuna- 64.97, with 1Lu and a fall
Asada: 62.81 with 1Loop and no 3-3
Suzuki: 65.09 with no 3-3
Kostner: 70.13 with no 3-3 and no flip/lutz jump

SP Russian Nationals:

All first three skated clean, with 3-3 and had no -GOE on any element:
Liza: 69.50 with 3Lu-3T including
Adelya: 66.99
Lena: 64.58 with 3Lu-3T and 3F

People often compain that Ladies field is weak. Looking at these result I wonder how it can become stronger. :confused:

Krislite

Medalist
Because Yuna lacks 3loop in her FS repertoire. She now repeats 3lz and 3sal.

She could actually do a 2A+3T without a 3Loop, but it would require something like a 2Lz:
3Lz+3T
3F
2A+2T+2L
2A+3T
3Lz
3S
2Lz (tano)

I believe this actually has a higher base value than her current layout, though some say the solo 2Lz would not be a good choice.

I'd be no less thrilled with a clean long program like her nationals free skate, even if she doesn't do a 2A+3T.

venlac

On the Ice
SP Nationals:

Kim Yuna- 64.97, with 1Lu and a fall
Asada: 62.81 with 1Loop and no 3-3
Suzuki: 65.09 with no 3-3
Kostner: 70.13 with no 3-3 and no flip/lutz jump

it's wrong
Kim Yuna- 64.97, with 1Lu and triple flip+triple toe

francodimatia

Spectator
Hi guys. I'm Ben. I have been reading this forum for months but only now decided to register. I'm sooo happy with Yuna' s result! The queen is sooo back! I'm both a Yuna and a Caro fan believe it or not. I' ve been following these girls since I saw them at worlds in 2007. What I love most about them is their mature artistry and passion with which they both skate. Having said that, what do you think about theyr pcs scores at nationals both in sp and fs. It is the highest that females ever recieved under the new score system. Yuna: 35+, 75+ and Caro: 36+, 76+. Aren' t they too high? Would they be scored this high at worlds if they would skate clean? Just want an honest opinion from you guys. Thanks.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Yuna's interview at the end of the victory ceremony

Interview part only (at the end)

- Please tell me how you feel about your victory

It's my 1st comp in Korea in a while. I was able to do well thanks to your support. Thank you.

- What's your dream/goals for the worlds?

It's an important step toward Sochi. In addition to just doing well there, I want to earn as many spots as possible, so that younger skaters from Korea can go to Sochi too. (lots of cheering, so I missed most of what she said there) Olympics happen every 4 years, and the experience is something you'll never forget, and I want to give that to the young skaters.

(then the interviewer started explaining that if Yuna gets silver or gold, Korea gets 3 spots, and Yuna sort of swayed back and forth a lil , like she's feeling the pressure, while the crowd cheered lol.)

- Let's give loud cheering for Yuna so she can earn THREE!

(cheering)

Nadia01

Final Flight
Hi guys. I'm Ben. I have been reading this forum for months but only now decided to register. I'm sooo happy with Yuna' s result! The queen is sooo back! I'm both a Yuna and a Caro fan believe it or not. I' ve been following these girls since I saw them at worlds in 2007. What I love most about them is their mature artistry and passion with which they both skate. Having said that, what do you think about theyr pcs scores at nationals both in sp and fs. It is the highest that females ever recieved under the new score system. Yuna: 35+, 75+ and Caro: 36+, 76+. Aren' t they too high? Would they be scored this high at worlds if they would skate clean? Just want an honest opinion from you guys. Thanks.

Getting scores like that at nats doesn't mean you'll necessarily get the similar score at the worlds, even w/ the same performance.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Protocol of her FS:
post-2413-0-39063800-1357471974.jpg

Icey

Record Breaker
Absolutely breathtaking and moving. I, admittedly not a judge, would have given her a few tens in the PCS scores.

delray1977

Rinkside
What a wonderful gift Yuna has given to her country with this performance on home ice! What a spectacular display of ice skating ability and just a magnificent return to competitive skating by Queen Yuna. I'm looking forward to seeing her at Worlds which is shaping up to be a great competition.

I agree, it used to remind me when Michelle gave us great performances on national ice.