Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Yu Na Kim Will Compete at Korean Nationals

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Its good to see Yuna back to 90% of her form. A few more months of practise and she will be quite scary most ladies. She did has the highest TES base in SP. Did any ones have equal or highter TES base in LP than Yuna??? I know Mao, Ashley, Liza and Adelena all will be attempting 7 triples, but not sure how much cushion they have over Yuna as Kim can get away with one triple less value and still make up on GOE.

Will she be going to 4CC???
    Nope. Her next competition is Worlds.

For anyone who is interested, ALL the men's and women's performances (including SP and LP) at Korean nationals can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/user/IceScapeRasu?feature=watch. They are in Korean, but the skating order is at least evident so you can figure out who's who.

Yuna's LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gd9EXIGcU6U

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    One of the two best fancams. Absolutely stunning. I am completely mesmerized.

Custom Title
    Best fancam perspective I've seen of her LP, especially if you watch in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...dFVyyK4#t=135s
    to Korean fans for their amazing fancams. Seriously, some of the camerawork I've seen on Yu-Na fancams are better than that of professional broadcasters!

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    to Korean fans for their amazing fancams. Seriously, some of the camerawork I've seen on Yu-Na fancams are better than that of professional broadcasters!
    I agree. That is still the best fancam I've seen of this performance, and I've seen plenty. The other one above by IceScapeRasu is more stable and clearer, but the other video has the better angle and perspective. This will probably be the last post of this thread, so here are the links to the top three videos of Yuna's LP:

1. Fancam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...dFVyyK4#t=135s
    2. Fancam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gd9EXIGcU6U
    3. Broadcast without commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O59GUx8iJMI

~high art~
    Hi,

Yu-Na's Les Misérables must be the most challenging program from any lady of the season. I didn't know she could deliver it so well because I wasn't really sold on its music cuts, and it is such a demanding program in terms of both technical and interpretive aspects. Although I'm still not sure about the music (I don't really like the musical anyway), this performance was nothing short of stunning. She made it work for me. My favorite part of the program is the step sequence, I haven't seen anything that comes close to this in a while in ladies' skating, as she did it with so much speed, balance, effortlessness and musicality.

She said she made a small mistake on a final combination spin, and it was the only noticeable "flaw" in my humble opinion. Can't wait to see her at Worlds! She sounded so confident in her interviews, and I know she'll be perfectly ready.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Welcome to Golden Skate, Moment! Post long and often!

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Hi,

Yu-Na's Les Misérables must be the most challenging program from any lady of the season. I didn't know she could deliver it so well because I wasn't really sold on its music cuts, and it is such a demanding program in terms of both technical and interpretive aspects. Although I'm still not sure about the music (I don't really like the musical anyway), this performance was nothing short of stunning. She made it work for me. My favorite part of the program is the step sequence, I haven't seen anything that comes close to this in a while in ladies' skating, as she did it with so much speed, balance, effortlessness and musicality.

She said she made a small mistake on a final combination spin, and it was the only noticeable "flaw" in my humble opinion. Can't wait to see her at Worlds! She sounded so confident in her interviews, and I know she'll be perfectly ready.
    The final combination spin was well executed and a perfectly valid element (the tech panel called it a CCoSp4 and the judges gave it a +1.08 GOE). So it wasn't really a "flaw" or "mistake." It's just that the first sit position was unplanned.

~high art~
    The final combination spin was well executed and a perfectly valid element (the tech panel called it a CCoSp4 and the judges gave it a +1.08 GOE). So it wasn't really a "flaw" or "mistake." It's just that the first sit position was unplanned.
    I'm not saying it looked bad. She mistakenly repeated the same difficult variation (SF, catch-foot shoot the duck position) which was already used in FCCoSp. I think the tech panel made a dubious mistake and a lot of my fellow Korean fans criticized the tech panel for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    I'm not saying it looked bad. She mistakenly repeated the same difficult variation (SF, catch-foot shoot the duck position) which was already used in FCCoSp. I think the tech panel made a dubious mistake and a lot of my fellow Korean fans criticized the tech panel for it.
    Oh, that's right! But it was the last element of the last program of a long Nationals competition and Yuna had just gone clean on all previous elements so they were probably caught up with the crowd (not excusing them).

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14