Anyone see Charlie Brown tonight? Story line was skating comp! | Golden Skate

Anyone see Charlie Brown tonight? Story line was skating comp!

treesprite

Final Flight
I was really impressed! The animation skating was done very well, looked like real skating, not just typical cartoon stuff! It was also a surprise that the favored skater was Peppermint Patty. The coach was Snoopy. Her music got messed up when it was put in for her program, so Woodstock whistled her music.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you're looking for it, it's called "She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown"

Here's Peppermint Patty competing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_RlC6Ahe8

It's worth remembering that Charles M. Schulz, the creator of Peanuts, was inducted into the figure skating hall of fame in 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_M._Schulz

He was the owner of the Redwood Empire Ice Arena, where he organized ice shows, was involved in hockey, too.

Both Snoopy & Peppermint Patty are skaters in the cartoon. Snoopy also drives a Zamboni.

The wiki said that the skating of Patty was based on Schulz's daughter, Amy.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This is also done in part of a Charlie Brown New Year special (which was what was on tonight)

How adorable! Nice sit-spin.

Very lovely that the skating uses authentic moves. Thanks for the link, Doris.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Every Christmas I watch the meaning of Christmas , is this another Christmas episode??I love Peanuts:love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes there are at least two cmas specials, plus easter, thanksgiving, valentines day, new years, and other non holiday themed specials. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Not to mention, Halloween & It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

BAH! How did I forget that one?!

they also have one for elections (You're not (?) Elected, Charlie Brown!) Linus runs for student body president, and loses because he does a campaign speech about believing in the Great Pumpkin.