Favorite Ladies LP this season
oops...The best ladies long programs are Akiko and Mao.
I haven't seen Kostner's program yet.
Last edited by lavender; 12-28-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Off the ice
Why not set this up as a poll?
Anyway, to answer the question: Akiko Suzuki, followed by Kiira Korpi. This is also the same order for best costumes, BTW
I'm underwhelmed by Kostner this season. It feels weird, after years of being a fan and seeing so many complaints about her programs and skating, to suddenly find that everyone loves what she's doing while I'm not as impressed.
Tripping on the Podium
Love Yuna & Akiko's programs.
Buttercup -- I'm not too keen on CaroK's long either.
I, for one, am really in love with Mao's Swan Lake. The music and choreography really accentuates Mao's balletic lines and positions not to mention the eye-pleasing agility in the footwork section. Musics of this particular genre is something Mao can really excel with.
However, it seems pretty evident to me that Suzuki's LP has the most potential to be the masterpiece of this season. All the planned movements are in line with the musical structure and Suzuki completes those movements with replete speed and emotion, which is most notably shown at the Choreo Sequence.
I'm also curious to see how Yuna will evolve with her program. It looked very promising for a yet-to-be-refined state.
On the Ice
It depends on whether we are talking about the actual performances that we've seen or their potential. Out of those which you listed my favourites are free skates of Suzuki, Mao and Ashley, in that order. I don't find Yuna's and Carolina's programs so interesting yet but that may come with time. After Wagner it's Christina and Elizaveta, they have fire. Then it's Kiira's and Mirai's long for me. I would really like to enjoy Adelina's program, since she's a bit better artistically than for example Liza but that horrible voice in the background makes it impossible. I don't find Adelina's program even a bit challenging in terms of interpretation and I guess it's just not the style I like. But don't get me wrong, I appreciate Sotnikova sooooo much, it's just the music and the program I can't stand. So:
1. Akiko 2. Mao 3. Ashley 4. Christina 5. Liza 6. Kiira (love the music) 7. Mirai 8.Adelina
As for now Yuna and Carolina would be after Liza but by the time worlds come, they will probably improve a lot.
Apart from the programs you listed I would add Gracie, Li Zijun, Ksenia Makarova and Caroline Zhang. Gracie needs to add a bit more polish, Li is such a cutie , Ksenia's program is really fine and Caroline would need to skate faster but that's probably impossible.
Bona Fide Member
This is my top 10:
1) Akiko Suzuki "O": this is truly the masterpiece of the season, I thought that The Bat was her absolute best, but now I've changed my mind!
2) Mao's Swan Lake: nothing new or innovative, but the coreography is so well done and the StSq is just glorious!
3) Caro's Bolero: not her best program, but after seeing it skated cleanily at Nationals I couldn't help it, I started to love it!
4) Yu-Na's Les Miserables: it's just a temporary place, I'm looking forward to her performance at nationals b/c with a bit of refinement it could easily be in the top3
6) Korpi: this is my second favourite program of her (behind SOTR), I think is really emotionally captivating
7) Radionova: really a wonderful program, the music is beautiful ans the choreography is easy but effective
8) Osmond's Carmen: I have to say that I didn't expect such an innovative choreography for an overused music like this!
And, may I say also say which is the worst program? Both of Leonova's!
Thank you Mao-chan!