Favorite Ladies LP this season | Golden Skate

Favorite Ladies LP this season

lavender

Record Breaker
oops...The best ladies long programs are Akiko and Mao.

I haven't seen Kostner's program yet.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Why not set this up as a poll?

Anyway, to answer the question: Akiko Suzuki, followed by Kiira Korpi. This is also the same order for best costumes, BTW ;)

I'm underwhelmed by Kostner this season. It feels weird, after years of being a fan and seeing so many complaints about her programs and skating, to suddenly find that everyone loves what she's doing while I'm not as impressed.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Love Yuna & Akiko's programs.

Buttercup -- I'm not too keen on CaroK's long either.

EyesOfLove

On the Ice
I, for one, am really in love with Mao's Swan Lake. The music and choreography really accentuates Mao's balletic lines and positions not to mention the eye-pleasing agility in the footwork section. Musics of this particular genre is something Mao can really excel with.

However, it seems pretty evident to me that Suzuki's LP has the most potential to be the masterpiece of this season. All the planned movements are in line with the musical structure and Suzuki completes those movements with replete speed and emotion, which is most notably shown at the Choreo Sequence.

I'm also curious to see how Yuna will evolve with her program. It looked very promising for a yet-to-be-refined state.

Cherryy

On the Ice
It depends on whether we are talking about the actual performances that we've seen or their potential. Out of those which you listed my favourites are free skates of Suzuki, Mao and Ashley, in that order. I don't find Yuna's and Carolina's programs so interesting yet but that may come with time. After Wagner it's Christina and Elizaveta, they have fire. Then it's Kiira's and Mirai's long for me. I would really like to enjoy Adelina's program, since she's a bit better artistically than for example Liza but that horrible voice in the background makes it impossible. I don't find Adelina's program even a bit challenging in terms of interpretation and I guess it's just not the style I like. But don't get me wrong, I appreciate Sotnikova sooooo much, it's just the music and the program I can't stand. :eek:hwell: So:
1. Akiko 2. Mao 3. Ashley 4. Christina 5. Liza 6. Kiira (love the music) 7. Mirai 8.Adelina
As for now Yuna and Carolina would be after Liza but by the time worlds come, they will probably improve a lot.

Apart from the programs you listed I would add Gracie, Li Zijun, Ksenia Makarova and Caroline Zhang. Gracie needs to add a bit more polish, Li is such a cutie :love:, Ksenia's program is really fine and Caroline would need to skate faster but that's probably impossible.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Hmm, my thoughts...

- Yuna - Generic David Wilson, it's okay but I feel like he didn't try much...
- Suzuki - Excellent, masterpiece quality for her...
- Kostner - It has potential, but it's not quite there yet...
- Wagner - Excellent, powerful and leaves a big impression...
- Mao - Excellent, a showcase for her best qualities (elegance, balletic lines, grace, etc.)...
- Nagasu - Boring, she's capable of so much more...
- Kiira - Pretty but, alas, boring and not very memorable...
- Adelina - Gorgeous skater, HORRENDOUS music edit...
- Gao - Good program but not enough fire to really sell it...
- Liza - An improvement for her, but not a standout...

My top three are Mao, Akiko and Ashley, all for different reasons.

Mao's Swan Lake is so elegant. When Mao goes the simple route, that's when's she's the most breathtaking. The choreography is simple but elegant. I love the edit of the music too. Mao's balletic lines and exquisite grace makes this a standout. The footwork and spiral sequence (as well as the quiet part in the middle) are my favorite moments.

Akiko's Cirque program is unique. Her dress is far and away the most beautiful of anyone's this season and I just love the feel of her program. Her arm movements in the footwork are lovely and I absolutely adore the spiral sequence and ending. Her performance at NHK was the best...it actually gave me chills. SO beautiful. I think she's been robbed a lot this season...

Ashley's Samson & Delilah is very powerful. It suits her style. There's an elegance and polish to Ashley but she's mostly fire and I love how her program is tailored to that. She takes command of the ice and the program and just powers through it. I love the choreographed layback and the spiral sequence at the end. I think it's an excellent follow up to her Black Swan and she's had a number of amazing performances of it.

Those are my top 3. Honorable mention goes to Kanako Murakami's Tango (I really love how she performs and I love this LP for her) and Angela Wang's Ladies in Lavender LP (she's really going to be amazing one day).

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Akiko Suzuki's, Ashley Wagner's, and Adelina Sotnikova's. Mirai's is pretty good as well, although IMO, not as good as the other three.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The most memorable program, to me, is Ashley's. I also like Mao's program--especially the footwork section to the end. Yu Na's, not so much--beautiful jumps, but not much else. I will withhold final judgment, however, because I don't think she was giving it 100%. Akiko's LP is a masterpiece--though not as memorable to me as Ashley's. Carolina's Bolero at Nationals was impressive, but I need to see her do it again before I make it a favorite. And that's all I can remember!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
This is my top 10:
1) Akiko Suzuki "O": this is truly the masterpiece of the season, I thought that The Bat was her absolute best, but now I've changed my mind!
2) Mao's Swan Lake: nothing new or innovative, but the coreography is so well done and the StSq is just glorious!
3) Caro's Bolero: not her best program, but after seeing it skated cleanily at Nationals I couldn't help it, I started to love it!
4) Yu-Na's Les Miserables: it's just a temporary place, I'm looking forward to her performance at nationals b/c with a bit of refinement it could easily be in the top3
5) Wagner
6) Korpi: this is my second favourite program of her (behind SOTR), I think is really emotionally captivating
7) Radionova: really a wonderful program, the music is beautiful ans the choreography is easy but effective
8) Osmond's Carmen: I have to say that I didn't expect such an innovative choreography for an overused music like this!
9) Makarova
10) Liza
And, may I say also say which is the worst program? Both of Leonova's!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
My top 5

1. Elena Glebova LP, it's original and even if the choreography is ordinary, I like the program, the dress and the music cut.
2. Ksenia Makarova LP, she brings something new in skating in term of music and choreography and I like that.
3. Mirai Nagasu LP, I like her dress in this program. She looks mature and the choice of music looks great in her.
4. Kaetlyn Osmond LP, I like the choreography, it's different from this overuse music, and this girl is contagious with her energy and attack, she looks stunning!
5. Akiko Suzuki LP, the program is well choreograph, but I wish that she skated with more attack and more speed like her old program at the 2010 olympic season.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Murakami's LP is still the best of the season so far! One of the very few CoP programs where all of the transitions actually work with the music and feel cohesive. It's also really great to see the amount of attention put into the different moods and tempos throughout the program. There are some arm movements in the program that I really love - the way she clasps her neck near end of the program and then goes into that sweeping turn into a backwards entrance to a spin is wonderful. Speaking of spins, hers make more sense with the music than in any other LP I've seen so far this season.

volk

Final Flight
Murakami's LP is still the best of the season so far! One of the very few CoP programs where all of the transitions actually work with the music and feel cohesive. It's also really great to see the amount of attention put into the different moods and tempos throughout the program. There are some arm movements in the program that I really love - the way she clasps her neck near end of the program and then goes into that sweeping turn into a backwards entrance to a spin is wonderful. Speaking of spins, hers make more sense with the music than in any other LP I've seen so far this season.

I agree. Kanako's LP is very well choreographed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xltDBVa9wHE

MiRé

Match Penalty
I think Liza's LP is exquisite! I'm beginning to like her very much lately. I wouldn't put Yuna first yet just because I don't think LP at NRW was her best. She even told in the interview that she focused heavily on technical part, so I'm holding my opinion about her LP until I see her at Nationals.

Akiko's LP suits her perfectly! I just hope she would receive more PCS for her artistic abilities.

naan

Rinkside
Love Akiko's LP! Like the music, choreography, costume, and details of the program, it's unique!
Yuna's LP has a potential. I really like it even though it wasn't perfect. Elements are balanced and spread out, and ChSq is a highlight of this program.
Ashley's and Mao's programs look nice, too.

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Akiko's LP- Its unique and there is a freedom to it. Gives a feeling joy.
Mao's LP- music used alot but the program is classic,and beautiful. The step sequence is wonderful.

Have to say for short programs from the ladies my favourite is Kiira's. Sadly not been too fond of the LP's from either of the russian men or women this year.

lavender

Record Breaker
Akiko's LP- Its unique and there is a freedom to it. Gives a feeling joy.
Mao's LP- music used alot but the program is classic,and beautiful. The step sequence is wonderful.

Have to say for short programs from the ladies my favourite is Kiira's. Sadly not been too fond of the LP's from either of the russian men or women this year.

I agree. I love Adelina so I wanted to like her programs. For 2 seasons in the row I'm just not thrilled but she's still my fav Russian. Not a Ksenia fan but I loved last years short program (hated the long).

All the top Russian men's programs look the same to me. I just don't get them.

icellist

On the Ice
I really like both of Elene Gedevanishvili's programs. She skated her SP to potential in skate Canada but her LP has not been clean at all. I wish she could skate well at Euro (but skate badly at worlds so other countries can grab an extra spot for the Olympics)