Thread: Ashley Wagner = Pandora "Style Ambassador"

Custom Title

Ashley Wagner = Pandora "Style Ambassador"

It looks like Pandora is now a sponsor of sorts for Ashley.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...t-Pandora.html

Wish I could be sponsored by a jeweler!

Yay!

Good for Ashley. I am sure she will be a great sponsor for Pandora.

Custom Title
    Ashley deserves this. I wish more of our skaters could get sponsorships.

Doesn't the USFSA control the sponsorships that the skaters get though?

But woot! Go Ashley! Hopefully we'll see some new jewelry ads with her in them!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Ashley deserves this. I wish more of our skaters could get sponsorships.
    Absolutely! But then, I never saw half the ads featuring skaters who did have sponsors. Michelle and Kristi Y. supposedly had longtime sponsors (I think that one of Kristi's sponsors was Celanese), and if I hadn't been told so by the folks on GS, I would never have had a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Absolutely! But then, I never saw half the ads featuring skaters who did have sponsors. Michelle and Kristi Y. supposedly had longtime sponsors (I think that one of Kristi's sponsors was Celanese), and if I hadn't been told so by the folks on GS, I would never have had a clue.
    Yes, many of thse endorsements seem to be niche-oriented. The announcement says that Ashley will promote Pandora jewelry through a few public appearances at stores and also through her twitter account.

On the other hand, I just found out that Pandora is now th third largest jewelry company in the world, behind only Cartier and Tiffany. Next year there are plans for a print campaign featuring Ashley and gymnast Aly Raisman, so I guess we should be on the lookout for her in magazines that have jewelry ads.

Maybe if Ashley comes up big at the Olympics this will get more play.

Down With It
    Congrats to her, well deserved.

Custom Title
    Hooray for Ashley! I admire her so much for that "go big or go home" decision she made a couple years ago (moving to CA and a new coach)...IMO that showed guts and her love for skating. I'm looking forward to seeing Ashley in Pandora print ads (they're everywhere...in every magazine I subscribe to). This is great not only for Ashley but also focuses attention on figure skating (which can't hurt these days).

Great for Ashley!!!!

BTW -- according to the article, Ashley "has been lauded for her triple flip-triple toe loop, triple lutz-triple loop and double axel-triple toe loop combinations in competition." I had no idea she was good at 3F/3T and 3Lz/3Lo as I haven't seen her land them cleanly in international competitions that I watched. (OTOH I haven't followed her career that closely either.) Learn something new everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    BTW -- according to the article, Ashley "has been lauded for her triple flip-triple toe loop, triple lutz-triple loop and double axel-triple toe loop combinations in competition." I had no idea she was good at 3F/3T and 3Lz/3Lo as I haven't seen her land them cleanly in international competitions that I watched. (OTOH I haven't followed her career that closely either.) Learn something new everyday.
    I think Ashley has dropped the triole Lutz - triple loop from her repertoire. She had this combo early in her career (for instance, at 2007 Skate America), but I don't know if she ever landed it with complete rotations and on one foot. Two-foot landings on all of her jumps have plagued her. She does have a reasonable attempt at a triple flip/triple toe. Here is her short program (first element) at 2012 Four Continents. Pretty good, but two-footed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUmqEkwI2U

The Pandora writers seem to have taken their copy from the standard biography of Ashley that can be found in many places on the Internet, for instance Wikipedia. With a couple of amusing editorial changes. Tho original text says that Ashley has has landed 3Lz/3Lo, etc. Pandora changed this to has been lauded for.

Also, the original says that Ashley is her parents' the "first child and only daughter." In the Pandora copy it says "only child."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Also, the original says that Ashley is her parents' the "first child and only daughter." In the Pandora copy it says "only child."
    Sorry Mathman, only girls matter

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think Ashley has dropped the triole Lutz - triple loop from her repertoire. She had this combo early in her career (for instance, at 2007 Skate America), but I don't know if she ever landed it with complete rotations and on one foot. Two-foot landings on all of her jumps have plagued her. She does have a reasonable attempt at a triple flip/triple toe. Here is her short program (first element) at 2012 Four Continents. Pretty good, but two-footed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUmqEkwI2U
    Correction: 2007 Skate Canada rather than Skate America. Also I think she landed a really good Triple (f)lutz-Triple loop at 2008 Nationals. She did it both in the short and in the long I'm pretty sure it was landed on one foot