Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Aymoz

Love gave the wound TheGrandSophy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!

Kevin Aymoz

French figure skater Kevin Aymoz was born on 1 August 1997 in Echirolles, France.

ISU Bio

Tracings.net entry

Programmes

2015-16
    SP - 'Hallelujah' by Leonard Cohen
    LP - 'Torn - Resolve' by Nathan Lanier

Golden Spin of Zagreb - 3-5 December - Senior Men
    Combined result - 176.66 (12th place)

SP - 61.77 (10th place)
    Protocol
    Video of SP
    FS - 114.89 (14th place)
    Protocol
    Video of FS

Tallinn Trophy - 18-22 November - Senior Men
    Combined result - 179.06 (7th place)

SP - 67.18 (6th place)
    Protocol
    FS - 111.88 (9th place)
    Protocol
    Video of FS

2015 Master's d'Orléans - 8-10 October - Junior Men
    Combined result - 184.33 (1st place)

SP - 63.76 (1st place)
    Protocol
    FS - 120.57 (1st place)
    Protocol
    Video of FS

Lombardia Trophy - 17-20 September - Senior Men
    Combined score - 197.23 - 3rd place

SP - 65.79 (2nd place)
    Protocol
    FS - 131.44 (3rd place)
    Protocol
    Video of FS

2015 JGP Riga - 27-29 August
    Combined score - 187.00 - 4th place

SP - 63.76 (4th place)
    Protocol
    Video of SP
    FS - 123.24 (4th place)
    Protocol
    Video of FS

Baby Pictures

LP 2012 (mini Kevin ) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZUJSCijPkk
    SP 2012 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1PrOBD2gY

Thanks to Pika!

Exhibitions

Exhibition to Take me to Church
    : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGg2L5NNbXI

Exhibition 2012
    : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP7TMCXKC6w
    Last edited by TheGrandSophy; 12-05-2015 at 06:07 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    I thought I'd start a Fan Fest for Kevin Aymoz as he is skating at the Tallinn Trophy Challenger event next week. Hopefully, he will skate well and a few people may wish to post here!

Kevin first came to my attention at the JGP Riga Cup in August this year. Whilst he still has a way to go with his jumps, he really struck me with his intense presence on the ice, beautiful spins and strong musicality. I'm really hoping he can progress and I can cheer him on for many a year!

Swan Prince and Tiny Queen Plumededragon's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandSophy View Post
    I thought I'd start a Fan Fest for Kevin Aymoz as he is skating at the Tallinn Trophy Challenger event next week. Hopefully, he will skate well and a few people may wish to post here!

Kevin first came to my attention at the JGP Riga Cup in August this year. Whilst he still has a way to go with his jumps, he really struck me with his intense presence on the ice, beautiful spins and strong musicality. I'm really hoping he can progress and I can cheer him on for many a year!
    Thank you for starting this thread! I also noticed him at this JGP, thinking "Wow, that kid is talented!". The public reacted very warmly to his programs. Jumps seem to be a bit of an issue, but training and focus will fix this. He has a potential to become someone to watch for the next years.
    I didn't know he was going to Tallinn Trophy! Thanks for telling me! I was actually looking foward to Massot and Savchanko for this event, but with Kevin going I'll have more people to cheer for.

1 Not allowed!
    I loved the little burst of applause his sudden jump out of stationary position got! The reception did indeed seem warm.

Also, Ted Barton was very complimentary in the commentary mentioning what a 'wonderful and passionate performance' the SP Hallelujah was and how Kevin 'understands and performs right to the music'. He said that he had 'spectacular spins and outstanding positions' too. In the FS, he said that Kevin was 'completely invested in performance' and that from his perspective 'it might be the best performance so far'. Lovely to hear such praise of a young skater!

Funky penguin on slippery ice Pika's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you for creating this thread ! I hope Kévin will do well at the Tallinn Trophy !

Funky penguin on slippery ice Pika's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    If you want to add it to the OP:

Exhibition to Take me to Church : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGg2L5NNbXI
    LP 2012 (mini Kevin ) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZUJSCijPkk
    SP 2012 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1PrOBD2gY
    Exhibition 2012 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP7TMCXKC6w

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    Ah, thanks, doris. I was going to do an update when I got home. But I'm home late and now don't have to. And, thanks, Pika!

0 Not allowed!
    So, Kevin will start his Tallinn Trophy endeavour in a few hours time. Wishing him the best and hoping that he can show a good level of performance whilst keeping more control with the jumps.

He is no. 4 in Warm up group 1. The SP starts at 11am local time. Comp thread with lots of info in the OP (from our esteemed mod dorispulaski!), including a stream link, is here.

All the best, Kevin!

0 Not allowed!
    Kevin skated his SP at the Tallinn Trophy today and is lying in 6th with a total segment score of 67.18! Well done, Kevin!

Unfortunately, there is no video as of now, but here is his protocol.

I was unable to watch today (work ), but quite a few in the competition thread commented favourably about his performance.

Swan Prince and Tiny Queen Plumededragon's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandSophy View Post
    Kevin skated his SP at the Tallinn Trophy today and is lying in 6th with a total segment score of 67.18! Well done, Kevin!

Unfortunately, there is no video as of now, but here is his protocol.

I was unable to watch today (work ), but quite a few in the competition thread commented favourably about his performance.
    His jumps are still not there, but he did improve. And a new PB, and 6th is far from bad, good job to the kid!

1 Not allowed!
    Kevin has acquired a new fan! I saw him for the 1st time today during the Tallinn Trophy and was really impressed by his performance: great musicality, great footwork and lovely spins (in one of them I believe he does a signature variation, which I'll call it "the kevin" from now on).
    Definitely one of the highlight of the event, looking forward to seeing more from him in the near future!

2 Not allowed!
    Glad you enjoyed him in the SP, jombi! I giggled and awwwed when I read in the comp thread that I was doing Mr Takahashi proud by supporting the musical ones. I have to say that I always will.

Anyway, apologies for the late update to this thread. Work has been manic.

Kevin had some real jump problems in the FS with 3 falls. He was 9th in the FS and here is the protocol. Overall, he finished in 7th.

Anyway, well done, Kevin for the many beautiful qualities you have shown. Now can we all pray that Brian Joubert can give him a call to sort out his jumps...

2 Not allowed!
    Kevin Short Program at Golden Spin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WcWEGCBKIE
    Not a great skate, but as always enjoyable Hope today it will go better for him & he will improve his final position ^^

1 Not allowed!
    The commentator was so complimentary about how she enjoyed him with his musicality and spins in the SP I have only just been able to watch. And her compliments were well deserved. The spins were gorgeous.

But his jumps... My god, please can someone do something about this poor boy's jumps. They are so out of control. It really saddens me how depressed he looks after every skate.

I haven't found a vid yet for the FS. He was 10th in the SP, 14th in the FS and 12th overall.

However, I did find a video for the Tallinn Trophy FS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4KCcvsKnQ

I will update everything in the OP asap.

ETA: I've updated the OP now with the Tallinn FS, the Golden Spin SP and both protocols.
    Last edited by TheGrandSophy; 12-05-2015 at 05:49 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast