Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Akiko Suzuki

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Good Luck Akiko! Show the World your talent!

Rinkside
    Her expressions are always so captivating. I want her to have that perfect last skate. I hope she can do it at worlds! I am happy for her no matter what, that she will retire a Japanese national champion. I will miss her musicality and beautiful facial expression after this season.

ETA: I missed that a question I had was already answered by previous posters. Sorry
    Last edited by Zarya; 02-20-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: question was already answered

Custom Title
    Thank you Akiko for your wonderful performance that was FULL of your HEART on the night of Ladies Free skate at Sochi, despite such unfortunate foot-injuries (severe pains/inflammation on the fifth toe of both feet)...You never gave up performing until the very last note of the POTO music. You were a true fighter and the winner in this regard in your fans' hearts.

Four sisters , who are most beloved figure skaters in our country : https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/sta...152000/photo/1
    Their competitive careers have been filled with many ups and downs, however, their skating always reminds many skating fans in the world that there is something more than just winning medals in figure skating.

To Akko, Dai-chan, Mao and Kanako: Minna, otsukare-sama & subarashii engi, arigato!! ^^)/ We are very very proud of you all.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Thank you Akiko for your wonderful performance that was FULL of your HEART on the night of Ladies Free skate at Sochi, despite such unfortunate foot-injuries (severe pains/inflammation on the fifth toe of both feet)...You never gave up performing until the very last note of the POTO music. You were a true fighter and the winner in this regard in your fans' hearts.

Four sisters , who are most beloved figure skaters in our country : https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/sta...152000/photo/1
    Their competitive careers have been filled with many ups and downs, however, their skating always reminds many skating fans in the world that there is something more than just winning medals in figure skating.

To Akko, Dai-chan, Mao and Kanako: Minna, otsukare-sama & subarashii engi, arigato!! ^^)/ We are very very proud of you all.
    Sound proud of this crew. Thanks deedee1 for your usually classy words!

I've read from several users that Akiko isn't going to Worlds and has retired. Can someone post a link to the retirement message from a trustful source?

Custom Title
    Really? She's not going? In an interview published on 23 Feb said she'll be going, depending on how her foot is. She said she wish to perform her best performance at worlds to express her gratitude to all her fans.

I don't believe it either, so I wanted a source, but got no answer so far from the users who posted this.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    I don't believe it either, so I wanted a source, but got no answer so far from the users who posted this.
    Here's where I got it: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...t-about-result

Akiko Suzuki, 28, who placed eighth in both of her Olympic appearances, also said Sochi would mark the end of her competitive career.
    It could be a misquote a la Jeremy, but that is where I got it.

Thanks Mrs. P! Not so sure about the truthfulness, it might be that Akiko announced this before the Olympics, but wasn't sure yet about Worlds. The interview mentioned by luckykid is from 23rd and the article from the 22nd. I think she will announce an official statement if she really retires NOW in the course of this week maybe. She attended the Closing Ceremony with Team Japan so I guess they all came back to Japan just today. Let's see what the next days bring. I really want to see her one last time.

I hope Akiko's injury is healed and she is able to go to Worlds, she is such a beautiful skater.

I will have to have my tissues ready for Worlds so many retirements after
    this competition not only Akiko but Dai, Kanako, Mao, Caro, Aliona and Robin,
    and Jeremy.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Thanks Mrs. P! Not so sure about the truthfulness, it might be that Akiko announced this before the Olympics, but wasn't sure yet about Worlds. The interview mentioned by luckykid is from 23rd and the article from the 22nd. I think she will announce an official statement if she really retires NOW in the course of this week maybe. She attended the Closing Ceremony with Team Japan so I guess they all came back to Japan just today. Let's see what the next days bring. I really want to see her one last time.
    Oh I'd love to see her one last time too.

I hope she skates at the Worlds and WTT!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    I hope she skates at the Worlds and WTT!
    No WTT this year

skating philosopher
    Happy 29th birthday! Nice cake!

https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/sta...508097/photo/1

Here's hoping for a strong FS tomorrow!

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Happy 29th birthday! Nice cake!

https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/sta...508097/photo/1

Here's hoping for a strong FS tomorrow!
    Akiko, along with Caro, is one of the most respectful female skaters who are older than 27 out there. I wish she all the best.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast