Akiko Suzuki | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Can't believe that her career is over. And we cannot look forward to her great programs, beautiful dresses and infectious smile anymore. I hope that whatever she decides to do now in life, she will be happy!

mary01

Final Flight
I wish her all the best, I will also miss her skating. she has given some amazing performances and programs over the years I will always rewatch. Hope this is the beginning for a splendid professional skating career and that we will continue to see her in many shows.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I wish her all the best, I will also miss her skating. she has given some amazing performances and programs over the years I will always rewatch. Hope this is the beginning for a splendid professional skating career and that we will continue to see her in many shows.

:yes: Akiko says that she wants to perform in shows as a pro skater, and also wants to become a choreographer, just like Kenji Miyamoto now does. :)

Speaking of Akko and Kenji, they both were on TV this weekend! :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPM7Gj6ir0

nimi

Medalist
Akiko says that she wants to perform in shows as a pro skater, and also wants to become a choreographer

Yay! She's always a joy to watch (thanks for the link, deedee!) and I have a feeling she'll make a good choreographer. Maybe she could do choreo for Kanako? That would be nice :)

smasma

On the Ice
Apparently Pasquale Camerlengo has nominated Akiko to participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. She has 24 hrs to complete the challenge. Since the video has been posted about 13 hrs ago, we just have to wait for a few more hours to see if she will accept the challenge. :agree:

altuixde

On the Ice
Thanks for the link, sunny_stars! I'm glad I was able to read this, and I look forward to reading part 10 and beyond. There was so much more going on for Akiko than we saw and heard on TV and read about in articles during the Olympics. :cry:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Watching her recent nationals FS and 2014 worlds SP, I realized that she's been greatly underscored in PCS. Loved her since 2010 olympics but those two programs I mentioned were amazing!!! I always hate it when I see Yulia receive higher PCS than Akiko. Yulia's artistry is great but both Akiko and Yuna have the best artistry I've ever seen. For worlds, Yulia deserved mid-33s for PCS while Akiko deserved at least 35. Then for the FS Yulia deserved 67 while Akiko deserved 73. She always puts in a little story in her programs which make them more interesting and unique. BTW I love her costumes and the music of her phantom of the opera.

Thanks for giving me joy while watching figure skating, Akiko Suzuki. You started very early than other skaters and you grew a lot. I hope Akiko has a good rest from competitive skating along with Yuna, Carolina, and Mao.