Akiko Suzuki | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki

lcd

Match Penalty
So impressive to see her steadily and quietly being so effective in her preparations. I for one, never "worry" about whether she is at an event "ready" to compete or not. With experience has come the wisdom to know what works for her and how to present it. I hope she skates this season with joy and confidence. She is a pleasure to watch in this sport.

lcd

Match Penalty
WOWOWOWOW! Congratulations to AKIKO on winning Nationals! Such a "moment"
:clap::bow:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Congrats. By the way they filmed Akikos mother a few times, too. And if you watch videos of Maos FS you can see Akiko and her team crying like crazy when they realize she won!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Akiko! She has been a real lady in all ways over the years and no one deserves the
National title more than she does. I am thrilled for her!!!! :yay:

christinaskater

Medalist
Congratulations Akiko for a well deserved Japanese National Title! Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her story is one for the movies. She is a great inspiration and is a wonderful role model to everyone.

When life gives you setbacks (e.g. anorexia nervosa, lack of political support, personal issues like inconsistency and insecurity), you have to pull yourself up and try again (no matter how many times) in order to succeed.

Akiko for me goes beyond any points, any position or extension. She is not perfect by all means, but it is her honesty, her heart, her perfect imperfections that make me love her. I know amongst all of you , I am the most emotionally invested when it comes to Akiko (followed her since 2002), but she is worth it and will always be worth it. I love Akiko the way I love Michelle Kwan. These 2 for me are legends of the sport. In terms of achievements and iconic status, MK will be untouchable in terms of titles, but Akiko is also very special. Soulful, ethereal ,enigmatic, charismatic, euphoric skating. An incredible energy that flows from the skater to the audience and to the television. It is something that can never be taught or explained. These 2 just have the Magic. 2 ice goddesses.

Akiko just draws you into her journey of emotions and she wears her heart on her sleeves (so MK). I am watching Figure skating with so much love because of Akiko. When MK left the magic disappeared for few years but Akiko later came on to the scene and brought the magic in spades. I am so happy and so pleased to finally hear her name Akiko Suzuki - JAPANESE NATIONAL CHAMPION!

A champion in every sense of the word! She has given the world 2 of the greatest performances of all time!

pitterpatter

On the Ice
I cried with her at the end of her FS. So, so happy she managed to skate a performance like that at home in Japan in her last season.Congratulations!!!!!