Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 20 minute clip on Nagasu's training

I have a geeky friend who MAY be able to somehow download this vid and we shall find a way to get it to fans if we can.....
    (That computer prof said something really interesting to me....we were talking about piracy, youtube vids getting taken down, etc, and he said there was an "old" saying....
    there is no such thing as piracy....just bad marketing....and he does have a sort of point.....many entites guard their content to the death, but refuse to market it to people willing to pay for it.)
    (I'm gonna tell Todd Eldridge at Omaha that if figure skating were easy, they would call it golf....I bet he winces )

Custom Title
    hahahah!

Thanks CoyoteChris! I would be so great to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I have a geeky friend who MAY be able to somehow download this vid and we shall find a way to get it to fans if we can.....
    That would be wonderful, thank you! I'm a Mirai fan and I would really like to watch it...

Down With It
    As far as downloading this video goes, probably easier said than done I'm afraid.

I've confirmed that this is the encrypted type of stream that many content providers (such as TV shows, etc.) use...and it will likely take some serious computer expertise to attempt to rip this video (apart from screencapturing, which may or may not work here...you lose serious quality with that method though).

I tried it myself, unsuccessfully- it would take too much of my time to try to get it right and I'm not even well-versed in this area. But I rip videos from YouTube and other flash sites all the time without much if any difficulty.

Props to whomever can pull this off...and p.s. I want a copy as well
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-31-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    As far as downloading this video goes, probably easier said than done I'm afraid.

I've confirmed that this is the encrypted type of stream that many content providers (such as TV shows, etc.) use...and it will likely take some serious computer expertise to attempt to rip this video (apart from screencapturing, which may or may not work here...you lose serious quality with that method though).

I tried it myself, unsuccessfully- it would take too much of my time to try to get it right and I'm not even well-versed in this area. But I rip videos from YouTube and other flash sites all the time without much if any difficulty.

There are screen recording softwares that can record any windows you play on screen. Hope some can figure it out, it would be gratefully received :P

Down With It
    ^ I know - that's what I was referring to when I said "screencapturing".

I had no problem for once. She loks fabulous and could be our number 2 girl at Nationals. So exciting to hope we see stellar performances from Ash, Grace, Gao, Mirai, Agnes and a comeback from AC plus maybe a standout perf. from a junior like Wang or Miller. There is usually a junior surprise. Just want two solid girls to get our 3rd spot back at worlds. Which gal will be second to Ash? Hope she's 100%. No upset this year, please skate gods.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I had no problem for once. She loks fabulous and could be our number 2 girl at Nationals.
    Why not #1? Wagner is not unbeatable.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I hope someone downloads it, I love fluffs and watching training.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    She did look fabulous but it was before the GP series. She did pretty well at the GP series but certainly needs to step it up to make the Sochi team. I'm still so hoping for her. Go Mirai!!!!!

Have you tried the new free "Debut" Video Capture Software? I googled "capturing video from the internet" and there are lots of options. I just dont have time to try them right now. I used one of them a few years ago and it really worked pretty well, all in all but you are right, you loose some of the quality.....dont know if it will work on this video we are discussing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post

The video worked for me. I have Firefox.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3