first post | Golden Skate

first post

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
First post with new Samsung tablet. Can post from National but have to figure out how to turn off tablet which is tryin to out guess me! Will still have to text Mrs. P or Doris, I guess.:laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'll be happy to help..

Is it the autocorrect thing that is "outguessing" you? If so, it probably can be turned off from settings somewhere.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I got a bit of help at a party tonight....yes, I need to play with the settings....baby steps.....just need some practice.....
Look out, old man with stylis comming though.

It sounds like an impressive piece of electronics, Chris! I just have a laptop and my backup little notebook, both several years old. I can get YouTube and do homework (transferred through a flash drive), so I'm cool. But if you can write on the screen with a stylus, that's really tantalizing! We do proofreading with a stylus at work, but my work computer is too old to adapt to that, so I have to use the Adobe edit feature and try to manipulate the mouse. Very much more frustrating than being able to circle the text with a hand motion and a "pencil." I'm officially jealous of you.

To make me even more jealous: I have a work buddy who has an electronic pad like yours (though an Apple brand, I think). He is a singer and just calls up a piano keyboard to find his note when he wants to practice.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Dont be too jealous. I dont have a smart phone, my Samsung doesnt work except in WiFi, and it is only the $179 version. I got it cause I travel alot and if you are on a motorcycle near the great plains or on the front range of the Rockies, you can pull into a Starbucks, McDonalds or library and check the weather radar loop for bad weather. Plus send an e-mail or two which I can also do with my semi smart phone too if I have coverage. But the Samsung might be fun at skating events....too bad I cant post pics here but I can put them on my website and post a link for nats and worlds....no promises but we shall see how far I get through the 244 page owners manual before Omaha...
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/nats 2012/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ36
(Extra points. Guess the pairs skaters in the "She aint heavy" jpg.
It sounds like an impressive piece of electronics, Chris! I just have a laptop and my backup little notebook, both several years old. I can get YouTube and do homework (transferred through a flash drive), so I'm cool. But if you can write on the screen with a stylus, that's really tantalizing! We do proofreading with a stylus at work, but my work computer is too old to adapt to that, so I have to use the Adobe edit feature and try to manipulate the mouse. Very much more frustrating than being able to circle the text with a hand motion and a "pencil." I'm officially jealous of you.

To make me even more jealous: I have a work buddy who has an electronic pad like yours (though an Apple brand, I think). He is a singer and just calls up a piano keyboard to find his note when he wants to practice.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I'm so jealous Chris- free wheeling around America. When do you visit NE? Not until Nationals? God bless...happy new year.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Oh yeah...the west is very nice for motorcycle touring...I have even been to Omaha!

My friend and I went for one lap of Washington state this August and had a great time....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/One Lap of wa 12/

My favorite places are the Yellowstone ecosystem
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Connie/Spence1.jpg

And Central Wyoming
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Spearfish2012/P1100632.jpg
There are a few advantages to being a retired old man!!!!
Happy new year!
The scenery must be so beautiful where you travel.

Oh, how stunning. Thanks so much for showing us those photos.

Being surrounded by such grandeur must do things to one's soul.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Being surrounded by such grandeur must do things to one's soul.
Yes, a good way of putting it. I lived (existed) in Illinois for 40 years....now its payback time.
Every year when I go back to Oshkosh Wisconsin for the Experimental Aircraft Association fly-in, I am sick for about
two days due to the heat and humidity....then I am ok.
Chris working on his new Samsung trying to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century

The 21st century could use more people like you.

Olympia, saying hi from somewhere before the Industrial Revolution