Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 Korea Figure Skating Championships

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Da-Bin Choi's jumps are great. Really large considering how tiny she is and her flutz looks quite slight to me. Hopefully it can still be fixed.

But she's pretty much walking through the ice. Gets very little glide and her ice coverage is really poor. She seemed to skate totally through the music well. Basics definitely need improving.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Da-Bin Choi's jumps are great. Really large considering how tiny she is and her flutz looks quite slight to me. Hopefully it can still be fixed.

But she's pretty much walking through the ice. Gets very little glide and her ice coverage is really poor. She seemed to skate totally through the music well. Basics definitely need improving.
    I thought her jumps reminded me a bit of Mao when she was little, so I am afraid that Dabin might also lose many of her jumps when she grows bigger... She looks like she is only 4 feet 7 inches tall or something. Standing beside Yuna, she barely reached Yuna's shoulder...

Does anybody know anything about Na Hyun Kim? She has high scores (behind Choi Hwi) and her consistency is pretty good, but somehow she looks very stiff and her jumps look kind of... not so clean.

Also, can anybody comment on Choi Hwi? She did better here than she had done in the Grand Prix Circuit... but I am still quite new to figure skating so I am not sure how to assess her overall performance...

Custom Title
    Just got to gush a little ... so great to see Yuna back! For me, she is mesmerizing. Really. Yes, in this comp her spins are a little slow, little nitpicky things aren't up to her incredible standard, but to have been out of competition so long and still give such a mesmerizing performance -- she is just IT for me. Love the way she moves, the height of her jumps. She's the perfect blend of grace and athleticism to me -- I just love the way she moves on the ice. For me, among the best ever. Really. I hope she adds a lot more gold to her collection in the next few seasons.

This poster has the broadcast version of the top six ladies: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...OvuI9xsOSC7kQu

Most of them had the harder jumps, which is good. Besides Yuna, So-Yeon Park's skates were my favorite -- she is quite musical and has nice flow and speed -- she just has to work on clean programs.
    Here are the girls did a 3-3 in both or one of their programs
    Yuna -3Z-3T (both)
    So-Yeon 3S-3T (SP)
    Da-Bin 3T-3T (FS)
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 01-07-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Park So-Youn is my favourite too. Good speed and expression. Lovely skater.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Ditto. I first saw her this year in the JGP's, and really like her skating!

Medalist
    Fabulous! Best long program (for me) of the season...love the footwork! A little more training on the spins and jump landings and she's golden...I'd still like to see her work on her line which isn't the greatest at times but overall wonderful...I can't wait to see more.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by leoncorazon View Post
    Fabulous! Best long program (for me) of the season...love the footwork! A little more training on the spins and jump landings and she's golden...I'd still like to see her work on her line which isn't the greatest at times but overall wonderful...I can't wait to see more.
    Are you talking about Park So-Youn?

Quote Originally Posted by leoncorazon View Post
    Yeah, pointing her toes wouldn't hurt.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yeah, pointing her toes wouldn't hurt.
    sorry I am late to gallery, which skate are we chatting about now?

Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    sorry I am late to gallery, which skate are we chatting about now?
    Guess. :P

I posted this in the other thread but it really belongs here. Here are the videos of all the performances at Korean Nationals 2013: http://www.youtube.com/user/IceScapeRasu?feature=watch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4