2013 Korea Figure Skating Championships | Golden Skate

2013 Korea Figure Skating Championships

SerpentA

Spectator
2013 Korea figure skating championships will be held January 4-6 at Mokdong ice rink in Seoul.
This event will mark Yu-Na Kim's first appearance in 7 yrs.

* KBS 2TV, Korean TV channel, will broadcast women's competitions (Korean Time):
- Short Program : Jan. 5 (Sat.) 11:25 P.M. (KBS 2TV HD)
- Free Skating : Jan. 6 (Sun.) 2:25 P.M. (KBS 2TV HD)

It seems that SP is a recorded broadcast while FS is a live broadcast.

* Event Schedule (East Standard Time):
- Senior Men Short Program: Jan. 6 (Sun.) 03:00 ~
- Senior Ladies Short Program: Jan. 6 (Sun.) 06:02 ~
- Senior Men Free Skating: Jan. 7 (Mon.) 01:32 ~
- Senior Ladies Free Skating: Jan. 7 (Mon.) 02:38 ~

* Ladies Short Program Starting Order:
1. Hee-Soo CHO
2. Youn-Jun PARK
3. So-Youn LIM
4. Yeo-Jin SONG
5. Chae-Yeon SUH
6. Se-Na KIM
7. Ho-jung LEE
8. Kyoung-Won PARK
9. Na-Hyun KIM
10. Kyu-Eun KIM
11. Song-Ju CHAE
12. Sun-Min YUN
13. Ji-Hyun BYUN
14. So-Youn PARK
15. Da-Bin CHOI
16. Hwi CHOI
17. Hae-Jin KIM
18. Yu-Na KIM

* Men Short Program Starting Order:
1. Alex Kang-Chan KAM
2. Dong-Won LEE
3. Min-Seok KIM
4. Jin-Seo KIM
5. Hwan-Jin KIM
6. June-Hyung LEE

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Welcome to Golden Skate, SerpentA!

Thanks so much for the information! :bow:
Especially for the TV times!

I understand that juniors & novices will be competing at Korean Nationals. Do you have any info on the juniors schedule?

I see that So-Youn Park, who won the silver in one of her JGP events, & Hae Jin Kim, who won gold in one of hers and was first alternate for the JGPF, are skating as seniors, as is Jin-Seo Kim, who did well in Men's on the JGP, winning a bronze in one event, and finishing fourth in the other.

Also, is an entries link?

Last edited:

Thomas_C

Rinkside
67th South Korean National championships in figure skating.
Ladies standings after SP:

1. Kim Yuna 64.97
2. Choi Da Bin 53.21
3. Park So-Youn 53.20
4. Choi Hwi 49.56
5. Kim Hae-Jin 49.41

TarAncalime

On the Ice

1. Kim Yuna 64.97
2. Choi Da Bin 53.21
3. Park So-Youn 53.20
4. Choi Hwi 49.56
5. Kim Hae-Jin 49.41

Not bad..especially after that mishap...I hope conditions will be better for all tomorrow.......-4 °C is too cold...and the ice is probably too harsh and Yu na skated as the last in the competition....it is a good thing she had a plan B with that 3Fl-3T combo.....

Krislite

Medalist

1. Kim Yuna 64.97
2. Choi Da Bin 53.21
3. Park So-Youn 53.20
4. Choi Hwi 49.56
5. Kim Hae-Jin 49.41

I'm surprised to see Kim Hae-Jin so low in the standings. But she's still within striking distance of the podium.

Again, such a weird accident for Yuna to just slip while gliding--she wasn't doing any defined element (spin, jump, steps, etc.). But what a glorious 3F+3T out of steps!

figureskate

On the Ice
The rink has zero heating, and this year's winter's very cold in Korea (with snow and -10 degree weather), so yes, the rink is reported to be -4 degrees inside.

Does she usually train in these conditions? That should have been very hard...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuna really needs at least one more competition to be ready for Worlds. She needs to skate in an event against quality skaters where she will need to be sharp. This performance would not get 65 points at Worlds and she wouldn't be leading.

Krislite

Medalist
Everyone in that arena looks like they are ready to go skiing during a blizzard....

It was -4 degrees Celsius in the arena during the short program--extremely cold and not very conducive to figure skating. Hopefully it warms up for the free skate, but I'm not optimistic.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
It was -4 degrees Celsius in the arena during the short program--extremely cold and not very conducive to figure skating. Hopefully it warms up for the free skate, but I'm not optimistic.

I had read that in previous posts. I think it impacted Yuna's performance, despite the fall and popped lutz she performed beautifully though. I am hoping they can do something about the temperature during the free skate as well can't be very healthy for the skaters either.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I had read that in previous posts. I think it impacted Yuna's performance, despite the fall and popped lutz she performed beautifully though. I am hoping they can do something about the temperature during the free skate as well can't be very healthy for the skaters either.

I am hoping they can do something about the temperature for the skaters long-term in rinks all across the country ... Eep. Guess nothing's really changed in rinks even after Yuna's win.