Dance: Dubreuill/Lauzon, Wing/Lowe, Piche/Denis

Worlds
Ladies: Joannie, Jennifer
Men: Emanuel, Ben
Pairs: Marcoux/Buntin, Langlois/Archetto
Dance: Dubreuil/Lauzon, Wing/Lowe, Piche/Denis

brenlynn

On the Ice
damn i was praying for some reason eman, ben, or jeff would decline 4cc so fedor could go :cry: i was beyond upset when i found out he wouldn't be there. looks like i'll have to make the trip to nats next yr!

rain

Record Breaker
I was kind of hoping some of the champions would decline as well so some of the next tier skaters could go - skaters such as Fedor Andreev, Wakamatsu/Fecteau, and Mira Leung and Annie Bellemare - who all skated so great at Canadians. Oh well, the competition should be great. I'll be really interested to see how Pheneuf handles the international pressure.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Shawn Sawyer is going to Jr. Worlds!!! Am I ever happy about that. I was so glad they showed his skate on CTV. I know, it was not a great skate for him, but the talent is there. What incredible flexibility. Shawn just needs to work on his jump technique and make his jumps stronger. His spins and spirals are amazing.

Last edited:

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Darn... I was hoping since Jennifer's going to Worlds despite her Nationals placement, they'd give a spot for 4Cs to Mira Leung.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Well even if she’s very unlikely to medal, it would be a great experience for her, and other young promising skaters for that matter, to compete internationally at this level. I think by now Jennifer, who shall we say the Canadian “MK” (for her long reign at nationals), doesn’t really need the “experience” of 4C’s, and probably should concentrate on the bigger picture (i.e.: Worlds). Mira, on the other hand, would’ve benefited much more from the exposure.

Last edited:
(Jennifer had a very good DC Worlds.)

It's Eman and Ben. Bummer for Jeff! at Worlds.

What's with Planeuf? Is it not possible for both Jrs. and Srs.?

The rest seem to be in order.

Joe

canada_sk8er

Spectator
Mira is too young to compete at senior events (or at least ISU championships such as 4CC) that is why she is not even an alternate.

Spark

Rinkside
I personally thought Cynthia Phaneuf SHOULD have been named to both the junior and senior world teams, and maybe she could have sat out 4CC so she wouldn't have been too busy. The commentators on TV Saturday announced that Cynthia's coach doesn't think she is ready to compete at the world championships, because she has not had much international exposure yet. There is an article about the decision here:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/cpress/20040110/ca_pr_on_sp/sktg_nationals_phaneuf_1

and another article with a much different tone here:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...7&call_pageid=1044529391071&col=1044529389142

IndieBoi

On the Ice
canada_sk8er:
"Mira is too young to compete at senior events (or at least ISU championships such as 4CC) that is why she is not even an alternate."

Oh ok... I didn't realize that.

"Skate Canada, clearly, has no faith in the ability of either Phaneuf or Rochette to jump-start that process in Germany, despite their gutsy performances here. They're putting their money on Robinson, ninth at last year's worlds and seventh at the Salt Lake City Olympics, but now 27 and arguably regressing as an elite skater."

Well I hope all the strategizing works and Jenni brings home the bacon. :sheesh:

Last edited: