Thread: Door wide open for Castelli and Shnapir

0 Not allowed!

News Door wide open for Castelli and Shnapir

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    The door is wide open for Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir heading into the US National Figure Skating Championships later this month.

More

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Fingers crossed for my hometown team! :-) The key will be keeping their confidence up . . . Suddenly coming in as favorites definitely adds to the pressure. I hope they can cope with it and put out solid performances.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the fine article JR and gsk8. I hope they rise to the occasion.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I hadn't realized they've been together for 7 years. That makes me feel more comfortable about them probably being the flag bearers for U.S. pairs in this pre-Olympic season. And I love their new tango long program!

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    I like them better than Denney & Coughlin anyway. I hope if they win Nationals they build on that and improve enough that D&C just wont be handed the #1 spot easily when they return.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    the door is more than wide open; someone laid out the red carpet and threw some roses at them too - now it is their's to lose.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I do hope they can win it. It's been an awfully long time since a team from New England won Nationals, or even went to Worlds.

Gold for the Winter Prince! demarinis5's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    Fingers crossed for my hometown team! :-) The key will be keeping their confidence up . . . Suddenly coming in as favorites definitely adds to the pressure. I hope they can cope with it and put out solid performances.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I do hope they can win it. It's been an awfully long time since a team from New England won Nationals, or even went to Worlds.

I have always liked this team, they certainaly have the talent and programs to win Nationals.
    Thanks for the great article!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I only first noticed them this season. I was firstly amazed by her huge throw 3S and speed throughout all elements.

I have high hopes for them to win nationals.

Although i really like the team of Scimeca & Knierim, i hope that the judges give Castelli and Shnapir the components they deserve over S&K

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Just read a USFSA announcement stating that Yankowskas/Reagan have withdrawn from Nationals. This probably won't affect Castelli/Shnapir too much, as they would have been favored over the brand-new team of Y/R, but still, it does remove another possible obstacle from their path.

I am disappointed about this withdrawal. I was so looking forward to seeing Caitlin on the ice again.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    Just read a USFSA announcement stating that Yankowskas/Reagan have withdrawn from Nationals.

I am disappointed about this withdrawal. I was so looking forward to seeing Caitlin on the ice again.
    Yeah, at this point, Y/R's first nationals will be right before the Olympics!