Door wide open for Castelli and Shnapir | Golden Skate

Door wide open for Castelli and Shnapir

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The door is wide open for Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir heading into the US National Figure Skating Championships later this month.

More

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Fingers crossed for my hometown team! :) The key will be keeping their confidence up . . . Suddenly coming in as favorites definitely adds to the pressure. I hope they can cope with it and put out solid performances.

Joubabe

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I hadn't realized they've been together for 7 years. That makes me feel more comfortable about them probably being the flag bearers for U.S. pairs in this pre-Olympic season. And I love their new tango long program!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I like them better than Denney & Coughlin anyway. I hope if they win Nationals they build on that and improve enough that D&C just wont be handed the #1 spot easily when they return.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
the door is more than wide open; someone laid out the red carpet and threw some roses at them too - now it is their's to lose.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I do hope they can win it. It's been an awfully long time since a team from New England won Nationals, or even went to Worlds.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Fingers crossed for my hometown team! :) The key will be keeping their confidence up . . . Suddenly coming in as favorites definitely adds to the pressure. I hope they can cope with it and put out solid performances.

I do hope they can win it. It's been an awfully long time since a team from New England won Nationals, or even went to Worlds.

:thumbsup:

I have always liked this team, they certainaly have the talent and programs to win Nationals.
Thanks for the great article!

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
I only first noticed them this season. I was firstly amazed by her huge throw 3S and speed throughout all elements.

I have high hopes for them to win nationals.

Although i really like the team of Scimeca & Knierim, i hope that the judges give Castelli and Shnapir the components they deserve over S&K

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Just read a USFSA announcement stating that Yankowskas/Reagan have withdrawn from Nationals. This probably won't affect Castelli/Shnapir too much, as they would have been favored over the brand-new team of Y/R, but still, it does remove another possible obstacle from their path.

I am disappointed about this withdrawal. I was so looking forward to seeing Caitlin on the ice again.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Just read a USFSA announcement stating that Yankowskas/Reagan have withdrawn from Nationals.

I am disappointed about this withdrawal. I was so looking forward to seeing Caitlin on the ice again.

Yeah, at this point, Y/R's first nationals will be right before the Olympics!