Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Renewed Czisny ready to return to ice in Omaha

Renewed Czisny ready to return to ice in Omaha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    The last paragraph makes it sound like she's ready to fall 5 times again in competitions. Sigh...

Custom Title
    Alissa's answers were all so very abstract, as if she were speaking of 'a skater' not necessarily herself.

Overall, she avoided saying where her skating is on a competitive scale. IMO, she won't be fully revved up for Nationals and most likely won't finish top two---USFS won't want to base Olympic spots on the performance of a 75% skater. Top 5 would be a respectable finish.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    The last paragraph makes it sound like she's ready to fall 5 times again in competitions. Sigh...
    As long as she isn't at worlds (or Olys) to do it again there...I'm cool.

Custom Title
    I hope she's able to do a good job! Just seeing her on the ice again will be wonderful, but I'm always anxious.

Custom Title
    Every time Alissa takes the ice, I am anxious. I'm always expecting a splat on that opening jump. If she gets past that first pass without the splat, I can relax a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I hope she's able to do a good job! Just seeing her on the ice again will be wonderful, but I'm always anxious.

We are all anxious , but she is always nice, and wonderful on ice!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Every time Alissa takes the ice, I am anxious. I'm always expecting a splat on that opening jump. If she gets past that first pass without the splat, I can relax a bit!
    i don't have much hope i'm sorry to say. But i hope she proves me wrong.

Good Luck to her but personally I'd rather go with the younger girls for our Olympic team

Custom Title
    Agreed. Czisny will be 26 next year; I don't see her returning to her 2010-2011 form after such a serious injury. Even if she got close to it, the current ladies' technical bar has been raised well above what Alissa can do.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Agreed. Czisny will be 26 next year; I don't see her returning to her 2010-2011 form after such a serious injury. Even if she got close to it, the current ladies' technical bar has been raised well above what Alissa can do.
    I agree and she'll compete for the first time this season at US nationals. To say she'll be under pressure is an understatement. She's collapsed before with a completely healthy body. I must say on her behalf that she gives an intelligent and poised interview.

Custom Title
    I've been a fan of Czisny's for several years now but I don't want to see her continued frustrated efforts on the ice. She's so polished and articulate - I wish either the US skating federation or a broadcasting company would offer Alissa a job. Sheesh - she speaks a number of languages including Russian and Japanese, right?

Tripping on the Podium AliasJohnDoe's Avatar
    I've been an Alissa fan since she skated in juniors and I don't think she'll be 100% for nationals. I'd like to see her put out the best performance she can at this point and make top 5 at nationals(skip Worlds team but possibly get a 4CC spot). Come back fully-healed and strong in the fall GP's and make the Olympic team (after 2 missed previous tries). Then maybe retire if she's happy with what she's accomplished.

Hoping her the best of luck at nationals. I just don't want to se her push too hard too soon.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 01-06-2013 at 01:49 PM.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    I can't blame her for not wanting to end her competitive career on last year's world performance but she sure is facing a steep challenge! Coming back from a tough year, an injury and having nationals be your first comp and competiting against a solid Ashley Wagner at perhaps her competitive peak and other girls who are technically formidable when on (Mirai, Christina...) it's going to be very tough. I'll always be glad to see Alissa skate. And no matter what she is a two-time US champion and she has that wonderful GPF win too. I'll always rewatch that program and her 2011 nationals win.

Good luck, Alissa!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast