Thread: Japan's Takahashi to quit after Sochi

Hybrid View

News Japan's Takahashi to quit after Sochi

Reuters - Japan's former world champion Daisuke Takahashi plans to hang up his skates after the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.

Custom Title
    I can't stand the thought of it! We'd better enjoy him while he's here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I can't stand the thought of it! We'd better enjoy him while he's here.
    Ditto Olympia: Dai is probably one of the best to have the full package and one who expresses the music to the max!!, I hope he will be injury free leading up to Sochi to enjoy his remaining performances.

If I was Dai, I would seek something really special to skate to next year!! Well we hope (we say this every year, more originality please!!)

Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Ditto Olympia: Dai is probably one of the best to have the full package and one who expresses the music to the max!!, I hope he will be injury free leading up to Sochi to enjoy his remaining performances.

If I was Dai, I would seek something really special to skate to next year!! Well we hope (we say this every year, more originality please!!)
    Sadly he's with Morozov right now...

Custom Title
    Not surprised by this. After Sochi, it is truly the end of an Era. Who else left? Only Patrick or Hanyu and maybe Liza, and Zijun worth following up. Not sure about others. If either Patrick or Hanyu win, will they stay beyond Sochi?

Wish the best for Dai. I expect he will get a medal thought not sure what colour at Sochi. He need better programs and be saved from Morozov.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    nooooo. I can't imagine men's skating without him.

Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    I hope Dai's Olympic program is something spectacular - something that people will talk about long after 2014. I kind of wish Blues For Klook were his Olympic program, but with the right choreographer, I think he can create something else just as memorable. The Olympics are the only time that most non-figure skating fans ever watch the sport, so a lot of people will be watching him that have never seen him before. I hope he has a super special program that impresses everyone, including all of the people who know nothing of figure skating. Please, Dai, give us something we'll never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch17 View Post
    I hope Dai's Olympic program is something spectacular - something that people will talk about long after 2014. I kind of wish Blues For Klook were his Olympic program, but with the right choreographer, I think he can create something else just as memorable. The Olympics are the only time that most non-figure skating fans ever watch the sport, so a lot of people will be watching him that have never seen him before. I hope he has a super special program that impresses everyone, including all of the people who know nothing of figure skating. Please, Dai, give us something we'll never forget.
    Ditto.

But no matter what he skates to, he has the charisma and personality to make every moment very magical. I'm really going to miss seeing him in comps.

Japan has produced a superstar male skater loved round the world. We will see if young Hanyu can follow up. He's a rock star there, simply put. He leaves us with great performances to watch like Buttle, Lambiel, Yagudin, Plush and even Evan. He is the best skater to come from the East as yet. His coaching will be formidable. Japan
    =singles greatness in the last decade. Really quite awesome.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    Reuters - Japan's former world champion Daisuke Takahashi plans to hang up his skates after the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
    That was to be expected, so no shock news there, so it will be Takahashi's last Worlds I hope he does well in Canada. His season has been great so far, I agree the quads are looking sharper and tighter as he pointed out, I recently watched his free skate at Nationals where I thought he probably produced one of his best technical performances to date.