Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Japan's Takahashi to quit after Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    If I was Dai, I would seek something really special to skate to next year!! Well we hope (we say this every year, more originality please!!)
    I hope Dai's Olympic program is something spectacular - something that people will talk about long after 2014. I kind of wish Blues For Klook were his Olympic program, but with the right choreographer, I think he can create something else just as memorable. The Olympics are the only time that most non-figure skating fans ever watch the sport, so a lot of people will be watching him that have never seen him before. I hope he has a super special program that impresses everyone, including all of the people who know nothing of figure skating. Please, Dai, give us something we'll never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch17 View Post
    I hope Dai's Olympic program is something spectacular - something that people will talk about long after 2014. I kind of wish Blues For Klook were his Olympic program, but with the right choreographer, I think he can create something else just as memorable. The Olympics are the only time that most non-figure skating fans ever watch the sport, so a lot of people will be watching him that have never seen him before. I hope he has a super special program that impresses everyone, including all of the people who know nothing of figure skating. Please, Dai, give us something we'll never forget.
    Ditto.

But no matter what he skates to, he has the charisma and personality to make every moment very magical. I'm really going to miss seeing him in comps.

Japan has produced a superstar male skater loved round the world. We will see if young Hanyu can follow up. He's a rock star there, simply put. He leaves us with great performances to watch like Buttle, Lambiel, Yagudin, Plush and even Evan. He is the best skater to come from the East as yet. His coaching will be formidable. Japan
    =singles greatness in the last decade. Really quite awesome.

I never wanted to say it out loud but it's finally out there. Oh, God, no...

Banned
    Nobody knows what Dai will do after Sochi. But I don't believe for a second that he will completly retire from skating, including shows. Anyway, HE PROMISED RUSSIN FANS IN SOCHI TO SKATE TOPLESS! UNTIL HE DOES IT, HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Japan has produced a superstar male skater loved round the world. We will see if young Hanyu can follow up. He's a rock star there, simply put. He leaves us with great performances to watch like Buttle, Lambiel, Yagudin, Plush and even Evan. He is the best skater to come from the East as yet. His coaching will be formidable. Japan
    =singles greatness in the last decade. Really quite awesome.
    I like the way you say Even Evan because I think he is a great competitor but his programs aren't exactly works of art imho. He is not a personality even like non Oly medallist Johnny Weir or OSM/OGM Plushy, not reknowned for something extra ordinary ie spins like Lucinda Ruh, huge jumps like Elivis Stoijko.

I figured this announcement was going to come eventually, so let's enjoy him in his final seasons as an Olympic eligible. May he continue his post eligible career by coaching!

Custom Title
    I'm slightly surprised he won't go to Tokyo in 2014, actually. That's where I'd hoped he would win his second worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I'm slightly surprised he won't go to Tokyo in 2014, actually. That's where I'd hoped he would win his second worlds.
    How about this years?! I sooooooo see him taking the title at fake-London as many do.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Anyway, HE PROMISED RUSSIN FANS IN SOCHI TO SKATE TOPLESS! UNTIL HE DOES IT, HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!
    Someday we can all rejoice in that moment of toplessness.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    How about this years?! I sooooooo see him taking the title at fake-London as many do.
    I wanted Kozuka to win this year in London. Since Kozuka won't be in London, my dream's in ruins. I don't see Takahashi winning Worlds this year to be honest - Hanyu is really setting himself up for huge scores (as are the judges). I don't find Takahashi's programs that special this season, so while I root for him based on his remarkable worth ethic, terrific performance qualiy and going for the gusto, it's not enough for me to hope that he wins over my personal favourites or those I have a narrative jones for.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 01-06-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Banned
    I wanted Kozuka to win this year in London. Since Kozuka won't be in London, my dream's in ruins. I don't see Takahashi winning Worlds this year to be honest - Hanyu is really setting himself up for huge scores (as are the judges). I don't find Takahashi's programs that special this season, so while I root for him based on his remarkable worth ethic, terrific performance qualiy and going for the gusto, it's not enough for me to hope that he wins over my personal favourites or those I have a narrative jones for.
    Just say that you are a PChan fan (not that it's a big secret ). That would be enough.

Custom Title
    Oh, I want him to beat Chan this season, and I say that because I'm a Chan fan.

While Yuzuru is doing SOOO great this season and is receiving higher PCS than he deserves in doing so, I believe if Dai brings his game to fake-London and gets the PCS he deserves, he's got much better chance of becoming the WC than Hanyu has no matter how he does there.

Yes, I truly believe that the PCS difference between Yuzu and Dai should be much different. Yuzuru's time is closing in, but not just now while Dai is out there.

Banned
    a very rightful decision as he will soon pass the crown to my Prince Yuzuru
    Dai has contributed a lot to the sport and is ready to pass the Japanese legacy to the new kids on the block soon a new King will be cemented

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast