Girl with the Dragon Tattoo | Golden Skate

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, I just watched the American Version of GWTDT. I am a bit confused. I saw the Swedish version quite awhile ago and I dont remember such a love affair between the Hero and his editor, nor do I remember Lizbeth caring about that relationship nor hers with the hero so much....was this an altered ending? I just ordered the middle and end Swedish DVDs to the trilogy.....

I haven't explored either the book or the Swedish and the American movies. You're way ahead of me. I bet they changed things for American audiences.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
OK, I just watched the American Version of GWTDT. I am a bit confused. I saw the Swedish version quite awhile ago and I dont remember such a love affair between the Hero and his editor, nor do I remember Lizbeth caring about that relationship nor hers with the hero so much....was this an altered ending? I just ordered the middle and end Swedish DVDs to the trilogy.....

As I recall, Hero and the editor were in and out of a relationship for years with the full knowledge of her husband. Lizbeth did care and she was in and out of arelationship with said hero. Great excuse for you to go back to the books!

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I haven't explored either the book or the Swedish and the American movies. You're way ahead of me. I bet they changed things for American audiences.

Read them! They're brilliant! I inhale mysteries. I've been absorbed in Scots Noir and Scandinavian Noir for the last few years. Now I'm enjoying Russian Noir (curiously, written by 2 half-Brits, if that makes sense).
I haven't seen the Swedish movie but the American one was much better than I expected.

I'm not so much a noir person, but I've heard marvelous things about this series. I do love mysteries, though. I'm big on the Golden Age British ones, like Allingham, Sayers, and Christie. I also like mysteries set in historical eras, like Ellis Peters' Cadfael mysteries (she's so warm; further from noir you can't get--so I don't know if they'd be your cup of tea) and Anne Perry's Monk mysteries (just got a new one at the thrift shop). So many books, so little time.