Lacoste on the podium ? | Golden Skate

Lacoste on the podium ?

sbstien

Rinkside
Do you think Lacoste will make the podium? Even if she has good PCS, I am of the opinion that it will not be enough to make it.

Last edited:

Ravensque

On the Ice
I agree with colleen. I hope she doesn't fail to make the podium though. I'm thinking Osmond may capture the top place, and go to Worlds. This young woman stands a better chance of placing well enough to get Canada 2 spots for next season.

sbstien

Rinkside
With her season best total score (151.44), Lacoste would have finished 4th at the Challenge. This is not impressive. We all know that Osmond will win but I still hope she will deliver a close fight.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
No way will Lacoste pull out a gold. But im certain she will podium, she still has components over other ladies

hohoho

On the Ice
It will all come down to the PCS mark for Lacoste. If Seguin, Daleman, and Chartrand do their stuff, they will all beat Lacoste in TES.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Podium is possible but probably not gold... Gold will most likely go to Osmond as most people here are predicting unless some miracle happens...

Kissx3

Final Flight
There is a distinct possibility of her missing it altogether. We already know from last season that SC feel very little love or loyalty towards Lacoste. If she meanders along the way she has been and the three kids, or even two of them, deliver the way they have been lately, she certainly won't be held up by the judges.

sbstien

Rinkside
There is a distinct possibility of her missing it altogether. We already know from last season that SC feel very little love or loyalty towards Lacoste. If she meanders along the way she has been and the three kids, or even two of them, deliver the way they have been lately, she certainly won't be held up by the judges.

I agree.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I believe she will make the podium; she still has the pcs but she does not have the sparkle, the personality of being special, the technical elements. Osmond is the present and future. In the old system the judges might even help Osmond with a bad skate simply because she realistically is the only help for a top ten and two spots next year. No other lady left without Phaneuf or Rochette realistically have a top ten shot. Think 3 japanese ladies, 2 american, Carolina, 2 or 3 Russians, Korpi, Yuna, a Chinese lady,and another Euro lady or two - it would be tough for anyone but Osmond looking at the scores and potential to get past them.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Well, I don't think she would fall of the podium if she could rotated 3 triples in total, she has the speed and power. Many of the other girls are still quite rough around the edge.

Other than the technical flaws, she is still in searching for a style/music/program that can lift her up.
I prefer her to skate with some more powerful, uplifting music, suggestion: Croatian Rhapsody?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well she's off the podium - now if she doesn't go to 4ccs will she try for the Olys? I tihnk she would if Canada gets two spots. Poor Osmond - pressure.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I really like how she skated this year. she looked elegant, never like this before. apparently she's not good enough as a single, but could be nice to pair up with Marven. I like her new hair do and her costume, make a big difference. good luck in pairs if she choose to do it.

so happy to see the youngsters with the jumps and the spirit! Good for Canada.