2013 US Nationals Senior Men's Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Men's Entries

deedee1

Record Breaker
Happy New Year, deedee!

Happy New Year to you, too, golden! :)

To the folks in the US:
"Now it's your turn. Are you guys ready for the upcoming nerve-wracking competition?! I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart that you will survive!" :biggrin:

I will relax on my couch and watch US Nats and Euros via J-Sports. :popcorn:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
lol, crazy dream-podium:

1. Farris
2. Brown
3. Abbott
4. Armin

slightly-more-realistic podium:

1. Abbott
2. Farris
3. Miner
4. Messing

lol I keep forgetting that US Nats has this thing called a pewter medal.

I hope there are some good streams. This Australian fan wants coverage! ;)

merrywidow

Record Breaker
silverlake22 your Realistic prediction is actually my Dream & Realistic podium:
1-Miner
2-Abbott
3-Aaron
4-Dornbush

ice coverage

Record Breaker
After a couple of weeks of silence on Twitter, @EvanLysacek tweeted today ... but not about Nationals ...
Just finished a fitness shoot with my top 10 workout tips. Stay tuned!!!
4:29 PM - 11 Jan 13​

ETA: And now another one.

Spoke skating to Steven Spielberg tonight at the Dreamworks Lincoln Golden Globes party. #Surreal
11:35 PM - 11 Jan 13

Too bad that Lysacek doesn't say whether he revealed his intentions for Nationals to Spielberg. :laugh:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
After a couple of weeks of silence on Twitter, @EvanLysacek tweeted today ... but not about Nationals ...
Just finished a fitness shoot with my top 10 workout tips. Stay tuned!!!
4:29 PM - 11 Jan 13​
ETA: And now another one.
Spoke skating to Steven Spielberg tonight at the Dreamworks Lincoln Golden Globes party. #Surreal
11:35 PM - 11 Jan 13

Too bad that Lysacek doesn't say whether he revealed his intentions for Nationals to Spielberg. :laugh:

GAH! I'm so jealous of him! Spielberg's my hero!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Doesn't seem likely that Evan will be competing.

Based on their abilities and from what I've seen this season, here are my placement predictions, which could be close to accurate or off by a mile of course:

Abbott
Miner
Dornbush
Farris
Aaron
Messing
Armin
Rippon
Brown
Razzano
Carriere
Mroz
Choate
Cassar
Warren
Campbell
Johnson
Hochstein
Brewster
Rabbitt

This field is really loaded with talent, but also they all need to demonstrate more strength and consistency.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Art&Sport, I'm a bit befuddled by your placement of Brown at 9th. That's his finishing position the last two years - last year's with only a double Axel and some falls in the long. This year he will be armed with a 3A AND a 3A-3T if practice reports are to be believed, has improved again...if he skates clean (which is normally how he skates) then I can't see him finishing that low.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Karne, it's a minefield for all the male competitors this year & it's anyone's guess as to the final placements. We should see some attempts at quads & a few may land. If they do it will be tougher for those without quads to bypass them if evryone skates clean. Rippon is the only other top competitor who has an iffy axle in the top 10 & my "guess" is that Jason will finish higher than Adam this year.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Art&Sport, I'm a bit befuddled by your placement of Brown at 9th. That's his finishing position the last two years - last year's with only a double Axel and some falls in the long. This year he will be armed with a 3A AND a 3A-3T if practice reports are to be believed, has improved again...if he skates clean (which is normally how he skates) then I can't see him finishing that low.

It's hard to tell because the field is so deep. And having jumps in practice versus competition is different. I would be surprised if he went for a 3a-3t in his FS, just because under COP, he can gain the same points by doing a 3f-3t, which he can do beautifully in his sleep, and then a 3a-2t. Also, I wouldn't have guessed Dornbush would place 13th and Farris 16th last year, but then they did, and Razzano who really seems a 2nd or 3rd tier skater even in the US, was 5th. When the field is so large and the majority of men have been doing 3a in competition for years, and will be trying quads in their programs (most have also landed quads in some competitions before), it makes sense that a modest prediction for Brown would be 9th place. That doesn't mean he can't place higher, and I won't be surprised if he does, but with this kind of field, an off night can make the difference between 5th and 15th place, seriously.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yeah, there is just so much depth. I admit that I love Jason and he is likely to finish much higher, which means the standings will probably be much different from my stab in the dark. :p

Anyone watching the men's practice on IceNetwork B stream right now? Jason completed his sp practice, then Wesley C, and now Armin is working on his fp. :)

Now, Jeremy is up. Go JereAmazin! Oops, still Go JereAmazin, but it was Sean Rabbitt who was practicing just now.

And now it's Max Aaron.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah, there is just so much depth. I admit that I love Jason and he is likely to finish much higher, which means the standings will probably be much different from my stab in the dark. :p

Especially if he keeps doing 3A-3Ts! :p

Art&Sport

Medalist
Especially if he keeps doing 3A-3Ts! :p

Yeah, I sure would like to see Brown higher, but I also love Armin, and Messing, and I have a soft spot for Rippon. Maybe Adam will need more time with his new coach to fully master technique on 3-axel and develop some quads in his arsenal, and also rebuild his confidence. Maybe it might be more like: Abbott, Miner, Dornbush, Farris, Brown, Armin, Aaron, Messing, Rippon, etc., but who knows?

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Call me crazy but I am hoping Adam does really well and wins his first championship. I know he hasn't been very consistent and there is a lot of competition, even without Johnny or Evan. I would love to see Adam finally soar to the top.

emma

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what is going on with IN? I thought the men's SP was supposed to start already...