Worlds predictions | Golden Skate

Worlds predictions

pkbama

Spectator
I know it's early, but let's give it a try.

Pairs

Inoue/Baldwin - will barely make top 10.

Orscher/Lucash - will place 15th or lower.

Ice Dancing

Belbin/Agosto - will make the top 5 and possibly medal.

Gregory/Petukov - will place 10th or lower.

Men

Weir - will possibly place in the top 10

Weiss - will probably place in the top 5.

Savoie - will place 10th or lower.

Ladies

Kwan - will make top 3, good possibility of another gold.

Cohen - will make top 5, good possibility of top 3.

Kirk - will place in lower half of top 10.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
The nice thing for Jenny Kirk will be that nothing will really be expected of her, as she won't be expected to medal. I hope that will enable her to relax, skate great and enjoy herself. Reminds me of Sarah Hughes' position after placing 3rd at Nationals then 4th after the Oly SP!:)

I think Sasha has as good a chance as anybody. Michelle will not be able to count on the audience to vault her performance onto the next planet, like she can when she skates in the U.S. In her nationals LP, after she finished her last jump and started on her footwork sequence it was hard to tell who was higher, Michelle or the audience!

Thanks for the thread, Pkbama, and welcome to the Forum.

Mathman

There is a Worlds Folder for this sort of post. Please use it. so we can keep all our thoughts on one particular competition.

Thank you.

Joesitz

Seonaid920

On the Ice
I haven't followed the Grand Prix so I don't know who's out there but I am just going to presume that Plushenko will win the men's title and that Sasha and Michelle will vie for the women's unless one of the japanese girls can put together 2 solid programs. If so, we could see 2 Japanese ladies on the podium. I agree with you about the pairs and ice-dance. the judges really love belbin & agosto.

Jhar55

Medalist
I think Sasha will win or place 2nd. She fairs alot better with the international judges / Coop if that's what the scoring system they will be using.
BUT! I am hoping Michelle will win.

Pairs / Dance teams not a chance of standing on the podim.

Mens only one with a chance would be Mike with possiable 3rd.

IDLERACER

Medalist
The only real challenge to the American women might be Fumie Suguri, if she has a clean skate. None of the Russians, Europeans or Canadians are any real forces to be reckoned with this year.

brenlynn

On the Ice
apparently elena sokolova had a great skate at russian nationals. she didn't do too well at other competitions this season because she was dealing with injuries and i believe she even had a surgery. so she might surprise us all again this year!

i think kevin van der perren may be a threat for a medal as well, he's really been doing quite well this season.

Tove

On the Ice
I think the japanese ladies will be really, really strong!! they'll battle with the americans

In mens, "everybody" expects Plushy to win, but then...anything can happen, what if Amazing Emmanuel pulls it together again:p

mission99

Spectator
I dont know about sasha having the edge with the international judges. Last year at worlds in the qualifying round she skated a clean seven triple program and placed third!! behing Kwan and sokolova and this was after winning the GPF! I do think that International Judges like her but i think they also like Kwan and I do not beleive they hold sasha up.

Predicting this early I have to think should I just list my favorites.

It's just not me. My favorites do lose as well as win soooo, I am going to wait for some TV action on the Euros and 4CC before I get into predicting Worlds.

Joe

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I'm with you, Joe. I NEVER make Worlds predictions till 4CC's and Euros are out of the way. And I think this year is going to be hard enough to predict even once those are out of the way!!

Tove

On the Ice
you're right, Euros will be a good indiction on what will happen in Dortmuns.
Before, I always made these kind of predicitons, but now I can't do it anymore, only by heart, and then I end up with funny men from Belarus and Bulgaria on the podium...most unlikely:laugh:
in dance, I hope for a good placement for Faiella & Scali

I know most about the european skaters, I hardly see the others.....

Arwen

Rinkside
I would like to see Denkova/Staviisky win dance! Michelle for Ladies, Plushenko for Mens' and of course the Chinese will win Pairs I hope!

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
I hope that Wing & Lowe and Joannie Rochette will have top 10 placements! if not higher!!! Top 8 would be GrEaT!!!!!!!!!

Kasey

Medalist
I'm predicting two Japanese ladies and one American on the podium....beyond that, I don't know!

Kasey