Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: If you like to eat.....

  1. #1
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,374

    If you like to eat.....

    Dont know about you but I like to eat and drink. Unfortunately, over on the brand X forum, a person is saying Rick's boatyard cafe, one of the two nice places to eat next to the arena,( The Matress factory being the other), will be closed till Spring.
    I am researching this to make double darn sure as this will make things harder on us eataholics. Their website doesnt allude to this so I emailed them.....I will let you know....there isnt alot else that is close....I am a fast walker so I can make it down to the market district and back pretty quick but others might like to take surface transportation. Looking at the schedule, there are breaks to eat in mostly.....Will drink a toast to absent friends Mrs P, Doris, Paul, Moonlight skater and the gang.

  2. #2
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,664
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    a person is saying Rick's boatyard cafe, one of the two nice places to eat next to the arena,.
    Chris, Rick's is closed. Here is an article from the World Herald.

    http://www.omaha.com/article/20130102/NEWS/130109886

    I was unware of the Mattess Factory being closed until Spring. If you want I can call tomorrow to see if they are indeed closed. I don't understand why they would do that ....they are always busy.

    Another place that would be in walking distance is Trini's in the Old Market. Going south, it would be straight down 10th Street to Howard St and 3/4 of block west. It's in what is called the Passageway.

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Nebraska.html

    http://www.trinisoldmarket.com/
    Last edited by Dee4707; 01-09-2013 at 11:26 PM.

  3. #3
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,659
    The Mattress factory is a place to eat, not buy a bed??

  4. #4
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,374
    sorry if I worded that badly....there are two good places next to the arena, only Ricks has closed as far as I know.......
    I am a walker and dont mind goiing to the Upstream brewery and other market places....some may not chose to walk that far.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Chris, Rick's is closed. Here is an article from the World Herald.

    http://www.omaha.com/article/20130102/NEWS/130109886

    I was unware of the Mattess Factory being closed until Spring. If you want I can call tomorrow to see if they are indeed closed. I don't understand why they would do that ....they are always busy.

    Another place that would be in walking distance is Trini's in the Old Market. Going south, it would be straight down 10th Street to Howard St and 3/4 of block west. It's in what is called the Passageway.

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Nebraska.html

    http://www.trinisoldmarket.com/

  5. #5
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,374
    Correct. It used to be a matress factory....now they will be trying to feed 3000 crazed skating fans!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    The Mattress factory is a place to eat, not buy a bed??

  6. #6
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46
    Coyote Chris
    Tried to pm you but mailbox is full. Really enjoy hearing about local places to visit (Zoo Website looks great) and eat. My son and his partner are Junior Ice Dancers from Detroit Skating Club. DSC has 3 Junior Ice Dance Teams, two Senior Ice Dance Teams and one Novice Ice Dance Team, in addition to our singles skaters. Our Junior Events are over on Wednesday, then the kids, parents too, like going out, visiting around town and cheering for the Seniors that start on Thursday. Hope to see you in Omaha.

  7. #7
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,374
    Sorry about the full box....I emptied it now so it can get messages....Good luck to your son! Michigan seems to be the ice dancing capitol of the US, doesnt it? Stay well, carry hand sanitizers where ever you go, get a flu shot, wash your hands have a mask handy should you need it on the planes. I have COPD so I have to be extra careful cause when I get a cold it is a major event....here's wishing all the skaters stay well so they can skate their best....

    I can personally reccommend the SAC Museum, which I saw on a motorcycle trip , as I am a pilot and I honor all our service men and women past and present...for me, every day is Veterens Day.

    Chris who cant site see as he is glued to his seat for all the practices

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-Mom View Post
    Coyote Chris
    Tried to pm you but mailbox is full. Really enjoy hearing about local places to visit (Zoo Website looks great) and eat. My son and his partner are Junior Ice Dancers from Detroit Skating Club. DSC has 3 Junior Ice Dance Teams, two Senior Ice Dance Teams and one Novice Ice Dance Team, in addition to our singles skaters. Our Junior Events are over on Wednesday, then the kids, parents too, like going out, visiting around town and cheering for the Seniors that start on Thursday. Hope to see you in Omaha.

  8. #8
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,664
    Another place to eat and kind of moderately priced is Cantina Larado. It is west of Century Link in Midtown Crossing.

    http://www.cantinalaredo.com/location/omaha/

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    553
    I posted several restaurant recommendations in the "Anyone Going" thread if people want more ideas.

  10. #10
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,314
    Good luck to your son & his partner, Turbo Mom!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •