Kiira Korpi withdraws from European Figure Skating Championships | Golden Skate

Kiira Korpi withdraws from European Figure Skating Championships

Peppi

Spectator
Kiira Korpi withdraws from European Figure Skating Championships due to a left leg’s Achilles injury.

She says that at the moment she is not able to skate. Recovery is already better but she doesn't want to risk her participation for the upcoming World Championships.

Alisa Mikonsaari will take Korpi's place at Euros.

figureskate

On the Ice
That's such a pity, she was in a such good shape this season so far. I hope she can fully recover for worlds

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry:

Kiira, all the best of luck to you for your Worlds performances! Pleeeeeease get much better much sooooooon!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Poor thing. I wonder if she'll be better by worlds? In her older age, once the injuries start they tend to pile up. I hope she takes the time to heal completely before coming back...

Oh, no! That's really too bad. She's one of the delights of the European championship. I hope she recovers for Worlds. Achilles tendon injuries are tricky.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

FSGMT

Record Breaker
:cry: Again, injuries keep her away from the big events, this year that she was ready to fight for the Gold... :bang: Now, the podium is wide open even for Sotnikova I think...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
though I dislike Korpii for her beauty PCS I always feel sorry for injuries, she let the wide open for Elene or Sotnikova
Sotnikova might get bronze even with her 2 falls in LP :disapp:

on the other hand, happy this will really give Liza the chance to capitalize on Euros for the Gold :)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm glad to hear it's achilles tendonitis and not an achilles rupture like Surya had. It seems like something that will get better with rest.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tendonitis is a persistent problem. It subsides with rest, but tends to recur when normal activity is resumed. That doesn't bode well for Kiira's Olympic season.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Darn that is bad news. Wishing Kiira a quick recovery.

Thanks for the news Peppi and Welcome to GS.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
though I dislike Korpii for her beauty PCS I always feel sorry for injuries, she let the wide open for Elene or Sotnikova
Sotnikova might get bronze even with her 2 falls in LP :disapp:

on the other hand, happy this will really give Liza the chance to capitalize on Euros for the Gold :)

No way. Kostner .

seniorita

Record Breaker
Noooo I was looking forward to watching her sp at euros, I wish she recovers fast for worlds

figuristka

Medalist
Iam so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping she would skate well. I thought she had a good chance for a gold this year at Europeans. Her short program is so beautiful this year.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Last year korpi won silver and kostner took the whole fall off and korpi did well and made the gpf