Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kiira Korpi withdraws from European Figure Skating Championships

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Is Gedevanishvili in the running for a medal this year, I wonder.
    It's really up to her. She has to be very solid because she is another skater that doesn't get the PCS she deserves (IMO).

Custom Title
    Although she has won it many times, Kostner doesn't usually skate to her potential at Europeans. Her points since 2007 have been 174-171-165-173-168-183. Her only clear victory (more than a couple of points) was last year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    She was very good (not great) at her Nationals, and mostly clean. She hit her lutz at the top of the program. I found her program very lacking in transitions, particularly in her jump set-ups (nothing new there). She takes a looooong time to set up her lutz.
    I see she was credited with flip and lutz and did not get negative GOE on anything -it was so generous that she got 66 tes in 76 PCS! You can reduce that PCS by 10 and if Kostner gets even 60 TES than she has Euros in the bag totally and completely and no one can touch her!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    though I dislike Korpii for her beauty PCS I always feel sorry for injuries, she let the wide open for Elene or Sotnikova
    Sotnikova might get bronze even with her 2 falls in LP

on the other hand, happy this will really give Liza the chance to capitalize on Euros for the Gold
    Is world champion and lucky Carolina Kostner not going to euros?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh bummer! That is a real bummer. Kira could have used euros to keep the momentum for worlds. She's one of those skaters. Lovely but always a bit of an afterthought so the more comps she can get the better.

Caro - has she skated in any competition this season? Euros must be a bit like US Nationals where it's hard to make that your first competition of the season. My bet would be on Liza at this point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Caro - has she skated in any competition this season? Euros must be a bit like US Nationals where it's hard to make that your first competition of the season. My bet would be on Liza at this point.
    She competed at Golden spin of Zagreb and Italian Nationals. She was very solid at Nationals nailing in the free skate 3lz, 3f-2t, 2a, 3lo, 3t-2t, 3s-2t, 3s. She received about 143 but, you Know, pcs were very inflated. Still a nice performance for her, wouldn't count her out of a fifth gold

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    She skated at Golden Spin and at Italian Nationals (where she was very good):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUR9pBrGIIE

Sad for Kiira :(

Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    She competed at Golden spin of Zagreb and Italian Nationals. She was very solid at Nationals nailing in the free skate 3lz, 3f-2t, 2a, 3lo, 3t-2t, 3s-2t, 3s. She received about 143 but, you Know, pcs were very inflated. Still a nice performance for her, wouldn't count her out of a fifth gold
    That's great! Will be wonderful to see Caro back.

Rinkside
    I'm so sorry to hear that Kiira is out with another injury. I was hoping that she would have an outside chance to finally get that gold medal at Euros. I'm just glad to hear that the achilles injury is not a tear which would have ended her season or maybe even her career. She's not just a beautiful skater, she's got the technical ability as well if she'd just stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    She skated at Golden Spin and at Italian Nationals (where she was very good):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUR9pBrGIIE
    She looked terrific

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3