Thread: Diving with the stars

Diving with the stars

Did you guys watch the Olympic Diving with Celebrities show. They were pretty good! Antonio Sabato won in solo and dancer Twitch and the surfer lady who lost an arm in a shark attack won in synchro. I was amazed that they could do anything at all.

Custom Title
    Diving? Really? I didn't see that. When was it?

It was on Fox last night.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8B51CN20121206

Some of the celebrities were not able to do anything except jump into the pool, but they were still judged on form. Things like pointed feet and vertical entrance.

But quite a few, like football player Terrell Owens, learned how to do tricks like somersaults and pikes.

I opted to watch the PBS special on the Neanderthals. It was fascinating & included new research into their lives, intelligence & the discovery that we carry a small amount of their genes!

^ Now I feel bad for watching silly fluff. The Neanderthals are my favorite people. (Modern man, meh.)

Custom Title
    I've always been partial to Cro-Magnon. But all of them are fascinating. Have any of you seen that wonderful documentary about the 35,000-year-old art, Cave of Forgotten Dreams? It's the oldest known artwork--animals, of course, and so dynamically drawn. The movie is in 3-D, and it's phenomenally effective to see that cave as if you're walking through it yourself.

I haven't seen Cave of Forgotten Dreams but that sounds like something I'd be interested in. I am fascinated by prehistory. And Mathman, I am addicted to several reality shows like Amazing Race, Survivor, Biggest Loser, etc. It's called being "well-balanced", I believe!