Countries qualified for the 2013 WTT at the moment | Golden Skate

Countries qualified for the 2013 WTT at the moment

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Basing on the ISU rules, I tried to calculate the countries that are at the moment qualified for the WTT (the top 6 in the world can go there), and this is the result:
1) USA: 5008 points
2) Russia: 4775 points
3) Japan: 4750 points
4) Canada: 4436 points
5) France: 3210 points
6) China: 3145 points
Italy qualified last year but this year we have just 1991 points for now, because we didn't have any man competing in the GP and just one useful result in the JGP (Antonio Panfili's 108 points), and Kostner wasn't competing, too... Japan suffered because of T/T's retirement, so they have no points for the Pairs, and France has just Meite's results that are considerable for the Ladies, because of Silete's injury. It's too bad that the Senior B results are not included, but I guess that a lot of small countries would have a lot of points for winning in small events, so it's fair.
(There may be some mistakes, please if you calculate the results and you obtain different scores, correct me!)

Thanks for the calculations. No real surprises, I guess -- although I hope Italy can come in stronger next year.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Basing on the ISU rules, I tried to calculate the countries that are at the moment qualified for the WTT (the top 6 in the world can go there), and this is the result:
1) USA: 5008 points
2) Russia: 4775 points
3) Japan: 4750 points
4) Canada: 4436 points
5) France: 3210 points
6) China: 3145 points
Italy qualified last year but this year we have just 1991 points for now, because we didn't have any man competing in the GP and just one useful result in the JGP (Antonio Panfili's 108 points), and Kostner wasn't competing, too... Japan suffered because of T/T's retirement, so they have no points for the Pairs, and France has just Meite's results that are considerable for the Ladies, because of Silete's injury. It's too bad that the Senior B results are not included, but I guess that a lot of small countries would have a lot of points for winning in small events, so it's fair.
(There may be some mistakes, please if you calculate the results and you obtain different scores, correct me!)
I can't say I'm surprised by the standings. Just a note re point totals - I that think if there aren't enough senior skaters, then it goes to JGP results.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Here's the Announcement for this season's WTT.
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3967

These are the events for accruing points for qualification.

WC = World Championships EC = European Championships
FC = Four Continents Championships WJC = World Junior Championships
GPF = Grand Prix Final GP = Grand Prix individual events JPG = Junior Grand Prix individual events

The amount of points for various placings are on p. 3.

Last edited:

whispering

Rinkside
Hmm,I tried to calculate the points too,and the result is kind of different……

1)Japan 3230
2)USA 3000
3)Canada 2849
4)Russia 2826
5)France 1938
6)China 1842
7)Italy 1307

Here is the detail

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Hmm,I tried to calculate the points too,and the result is kind of different……

1)Japan 3230
2)USA 3000
3)Canada 2849
4)Russia 2826
5)France 1938
6)China 1842
7)Italy 1307

Here is the detail
Oh, I actually understood that you have to consider the best two results for each of the skaters/pairs... :slink: I have probably misunderstood the rules, since I'm not an English speaker, can someone tell me if I'm right or wrong?