Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Russion Junior National predictions

Banned

2013 Russion Junior National predictions

juniors will be very competitive especially ladies and pairs
    my only christmas wish at Rus Nationals to come true is Julia wins the juniors

Boys
    1 Alexander Petrov
    2 Alexander Samarin
    3 Mikhail Kolyada
    alt: Andrei Zuber
    Alexey Genya

Girls
    1 Julia Lipnitskaya
    2 Elena Radionova
    3 Serafima Sakhanovich
    alt: Evgenia Medvedeva
    Maria Sotskova

Pairs:
    1 Tarasova/Morozov
    2 Fedorova/Miroshkin
    3 Davankova/Deputat
    alt: Vigalova/Zakroev
    Gainetdinova/Bich

Ice Dance
    1 Stepanova/Bukin
    2 Yanovskaia/Mozgov
    3 Kosigina/Miroshkin
    alt: Zenkova/Sinitsin

Custom Title
    Ladies
    1.Elena Radionova
    2.Julia Lipnitskaya
    3.Serafima Sakhanovich

Well, I prefer Elena to Julia. I think Elena's IN score would be higher than Julia..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Ladies
    1.Elena Radionova
    2.Julia Lipnitskaya
    3.Serafima Sakhanovich

Well, I prefer Elena to Julia. I think Elena's IN score would be higher than Julia..
    dont know about that but if we compare their pcs in juniors
    Julia has higher pcs even last year when she had only 3t-3t.
    Julia's only disadvanatge would be this will be her first competition since her injury,
    we will see soon her current form but if she skates clean no doubt she will beat Elena

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    dont know about that but if we compare their pcs in juniors
    Julia has higher pcs even last year when she had only 3t-3t.
    Julia's only disadvanatge would be this will be her first competition since her injury,
    we will see soon her current form but if she skates clean no doubt she will beat Elena
    I just saw Julia's protocol from last season Yes, Julia will beat Elena if Julia skates clean. However, I'm not really sure if she'd skate clean. I suppose she'd skate better than she did at TEB last year, but she still has "flutz" problems left. I was really surprised to see that Julia's 2011-12 JGPF IN score was higher than Elena's JGPF IN score, though I shouldn't really compare PCS score between those two since they have not competed together since last year's Junior Nationals.

Banned
    I just saw Julia's protocol from last season Yes, Julia will beat Elena if Julia skates clean. However, I'm not really sure if she'd skate clean. I suppose she'd skate better than she did at TEB last year, but she still has "flutz" problems left. I was really surprised to see that Julia's 2011-12 JGPF IN score was higher than Elena's JGPF IN score, though I shouldn't really compare PCS score between those two since they have not competed together since last year's Junior Nationals.
    and Julia can rack more + GOE from her elements and spins
    thats why even with her mistakes in CoC and TEB she scored 115+

Elena will have to beat Julia not only in pcs but the GOE she gets , her spins alone got a 2.5 GOE at TEB

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Elena should (and I think would too) win the jumps comparison. She has a Lip, but Julia has a Flutz. Overall, her jumps should be getting higher GOE, while both girls have a rather equal layout (BV-wise). Julia has better spins, but Elena is capable of +2's too, and she gets the levels. I also think she has the better steps. So I'm not really agreeing Julia will win the TES...
    For the PCS, I'm not really sure what will happen. Both don't really have masterpiece programs, and I don't remember enough to rate the TR. But I think while PE is quite equal, Elene would slightly lead in SS and IN. Given that Julia had a lot of bad luck with injuries this season, I think Elene is the favorite for this by the smallest margin. It's however going to be upper exciting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Elena should (and I think would too) win the jumps comparison. She has a Lip, but Julia has a Flutz. Overall, her jumps should be getting higher GOE, while both girls have a rather equal layout (BV-wise). Julia has better spins, but Elena is capable of +2's too, and she gets the levels. I also think she has the better steps. So I'm not really agreeing Julia will win the TES...
    For the PCS, I'm not really sure what will happen. Both don't really have masterpiece programs, and I don't remember enough to rate the TR. But I think while PE is quite equal, Elene would slightly lead in SS and IN. Given that Julia had a lot of bad luck with injuries this season, I think Elene is the favorite for this by the smallest margin. It's however going to be upper exciting
    its Elena not Elene
    Julia's GOE's have always scored higher, and her pcs will score higher in SS
    again only Julia's disadvantage is this will be her first competition since her injury
    but Julia is a fighter remember Finlandia her first competition since her injury and she was able to win the gold medal

I agree this should be very exciting
    the scores could be close too

Custom Title
    However, I think Julia is too much like a robot. She has no expressions at all when she's skating, so Elena might earn higher IN, TR, CH and PE. And as for TES, Elena's jumps have better quality than Julia's. Julia may earn higher levels&GOEs on with spins, but then Elena is capable of getting level 4's and high GOEs for her spins, too.

I'm not even sure if Russia would have Julia as their best skater by 2018. Elena, and Serafima has almost everything, but we all know that Julia lacks in one area that Elena is good at-IN.

But of course, their score is going to be very close and it would be fun watching Russia's JN. It would be like a preview for junior Worlds.

Banned
    However, I think Julia is too much like a robot. She has no expressions at all when she's skating, so Elena might earn higher IN, TR, CH and PE. And as for TES, Elena's jumps have better quality than Julia's. Julia may earn higher levels&GOEs on with spins, but then Elena is capable of getting level 4's and high GOEs for her spins, too.

I'm not even sure if Russia would have Julia as their best skater by 2018. Elena, and Serafima has almost everything, but we all know that Julia lacks in one area that Elena is good at-IN.

But of course, their score is going to be very close and it would be fun watching Russia's JN. It would be like a preview for junior Worlds.
    we are still talking small girls though
    Julia has good air position and a center core , because of her fast rotation she sticks her landings and actually gets high GOE
    Elena has good landings too but can be a bit wobbly sometimes, Serafima has huge jumps but her bent knees landing is not ideal though I think its getting fixed gradually,

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    I know it's not gonna happen but I'd love to see Lipnitskaia off the podium. :P

I hope Radionova wins, Sakhanovich is second and Medvedeva third.

But I guess Lipnitskaia has it in the bag unless she makes major errors.

Last year there was a live streaming: will there be one this year, too?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I know it's not gonna happen but I'd love to see Lipnitskaia off the podium. :P

I hope Radionova wins, Sakhanovich is second and Medvedeva third.

But I guess Lipnitskaia has it in the bag unless she makes major errors.
    Well, I agree! I just prefer Elena and Serafima over Julia. I think Elena deserves high(for Junior) PCS, whereas Julia doesn't "deserve" high PCS score she receives(though it's low compared to skaters like Mao and Ashley), especially for her IN and TR. I think Elena can get 187+ score at international competition. I'm sure she can if she skates 2 wonderful programs.

Wish:
    1. Lipnitskaya
    2. Radionova
    3. Ogoreltseva

Predict:
    1. Radionova
    2. Lipnitskaya
    3. Sakhanovich

Banned
    Stepanova/Bukin
    Davankova/Deputat
    and Ogoreltseva have withdrawn