Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: top 10 U.S. pairs excuses

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    it takes many teams years to mesh well together. [/B][/QUOTE]

ITA -- however, that doesn't explain why Scott & Dulebohn just seem to get WORSE every year..... :( They were better when they'd just been together 2 years, now about 4 years later, you'd think they'd be moving forward, not backward.

i really think tiff and phil are an exception, but the rest.... rena & john, katie & garrett, jenny & john keep getting better every year. i think tiff and phil really just seem to lack an excitement for skating.

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by JonnyCoop

ITA -- however, that doesn't explain why Scott & Dulebohn just seem to get WORSE every year..... :( They were better when they'd just been together 2 years, now about 4 years later, you'd think they'd be moving forward, not backward.
    I don't know if I completely agree with this. S&D have added technical content this year (throw triple loop, for example), improved their double twist, and increased the difficulty of their lifts. Yes, some of their results this year (Nationals in particular, duh) were poorer, but they also won a medal at Trophee Lalique. I think they did "so well" early on because people had low expectations, and there wasn't so much pressure on them. I think it gets harder when you're expected to do better, and maybe that's why they had a rough season. Plus there's the adjustment to their new coaching situation. They've also had the bad luck to make one mistake in the short program in events where there were a number of clean programs, like Worlds '03, for example. I'm just guessing of course. Just some observations.

Pat

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    OK -- perhaps "getting worse every year" is not quite what I meant. Perhaps it would be better to say that they seem to be going BACKWARD in their progress, at least results-wise. Or at the very least stagnating at more or less the same level, which given their experience is a bit odd. At the very least they have certainly let several other pairs who used to be consistently behind them, get ahead of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2