Zamboni | Golden Skate

Zamboni

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Oh good...I am so challanged I cant work the zamboni or the skater on today's google home page....:slink:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not to worry, Chris. I know nothing about video games in general, and the basics of this one are not at all obvious to me -- but it sure is fun just goofing around with it. :laugh:

I don't always love the Google animations, but I find this one irresistible. :yes:

ETA: Clicking and dragging the Zamboni sometimes (but not always) seems to control its movement??

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
This is one of the best Google doodles ever! Thanks for pointing it out :)

As for the Zamboni: use the keyboard arrows; looks like you have to keep the arrow pressed while the Zamboni goes in the direction you want, not just click it once.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
When I saw it I said, "Oh, it must have something to do with Frank Zamboni." I just got finished playing, I suck though. By the time the hockey players took the ice my zamboni ran out of gas :mad:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
What I meant above is that I was clicking on the Zamboni itself (not on an arrow), holding the mouse button down, and dragging.
Those steps seemed to work (although not consistently) to manipulate the Zamboni's motion.
[Have not dared to experiment further for fear that I will find myself spending far too much time enjoying this diversion. ;)]

(FYI for mods: I see that someone else later started a second Google thread in the Edge -- if you want to merge it with this first one started by CoyoteChris.)

ETA, a fun fact courtesy of Paul Poirier ‏@PaulDPoirier:
@PiperGilles and @AlexeGilles share their birthday with the inventor of the Zamboni. You can celebrate by playing the addictive google game.
https://twitter.com/PaulDPoirier/statuses/291522133778128896

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Someone in Google watches figure skating. I m hapilly surprised from all birthdays today they chose Zambon for doodle.:love:
What hockey players, I m out of gas earlier!!!

gmyers

Record Breaker
I got to the ice show where the women looked like they were all stuck in spiral position!