Thread: Lysacek is back on the ice

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar

Lysacek is back on the ice

Tweets from Evan Lysacek ‏@EvanLysacek

First day back on the ice today!!!
    9:41 PM - 5 Nov 12

Rough day.
    9:41 PM - 5 Nov 12

i wish you well evan-u work so hard-it won't be easy but your determination is a good thing-bless your effort. not always my fave but someone i respect.

Custom Title
    I hope he takes the matters very easy for a while and will start full training a bit later and real slowly. Welcome back, Evan!!!

Custom Title
    Yeah, even though I am not an Evan fan and found him very luck and pushing his luck I still don't want him to get injured. I hope he takes it slowly. He has 2.5 months until Nationals.

Custom Title
    I agree with Skater Boy. NOT an Evan fan but I would hate to see him harm himself further by trying to get back in shape for Nationals after this injury. I guess I don't understand why someone who is the reigning Olympic Gold medalist would want to compete again unless he was (1) at full strength; and (2) fairly convinced that he could truly compete with the likes of Chan, Daisuke and the entire Japanese men's team! I would not want to risk my reputation/status by denigrating it with a poor performance. I've always believed in going out on top!!!! I just don't see this happening for Evan. It's time to move on to the next chapter of your life and look back at figure skating as a wonderful experience!

Rinkside
    Why not? To prove that his win in 2010 is not a fluke and to make men's competition all the more exciting and interesting.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    Why not? To prove that his win in 2010 is not a fluke and to make men's competition all the more exciting and interesting.
    Exactly. And like others who are coming back this season, perhaps because he enjoys it

Personally, I'll take excitement and comebacks over disastrous Nats that lead to disastrous Worlds thank you very much.

On the Ice
    Perhaps I didn't quote that as well as I could have. I am actually a fan of Evan's and am pulling for him to come back. I was agreeing with the "exciting and interesting" part, and regarding 2010, I was looking at it more for silencing the people who will forever put an asterisk by his win because it was quadless. I happen to like Evan's skating and hope that he is able to compete both in Zagreb and at Nationals. Lord knows the US men could use all the help they can get

skatefan12 - I didn't take your post as anything but positive! Go Evan!

Evan has to compete in a Senior B before the ISU Championships to obtain the minimum TES, so I think he's going to try to regain his best shape in short time... I do hope he doesn't rush things, he could earn those TES without a quad...

Custom Title
    And what about Evanflation?

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Evan has to compete in a Senior B before the ISU Championships to obtain the minimum TES, so I think he's going to try to regain his best shape in short time... I do hope he doesn't rush things, he could earn those TES without a quad...
    But he could wait until after U.S, Nationals if that worked out better for him. If he doesn't make the national team, then he won't have to worry about qualifying scores fro worlds anyway.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    And what about Evanflation?
    Good point. I do think his exotic looks really help sell his "look" though -natural or otherwise. I also wondered is he a native, italian, french, african mix, hispanic...he has a very distinctive look which I think helps whereas someone like Chan is rather ordinary.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Good point. I do think his exotic looks really help sell his "look" though -natural or otherwise. I also wondered is he a native, italian, french, african mix, hispanic...he has a very distinctive look which I think helps whereas someone like Chan is rather ordinary.
    His wikipedia said, "Lysacek is of Italian and Czech descent."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    How?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast