Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: 2013 Canadian Sr Ladies SP

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    146
    nice job kaetlyn! IMO she still needs polishing but what a steady and high-energy skater. what i like about her skating is that she seems to be a natural competitor and performer... excited and not scared to be on the ice (which I find is often not the case in singles).

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    What do I like more? Her energy and enthusiasm? Her willingness to go for harder elements and choreography? Probably her desire to improve - compare this effort to her Canadian Nationals SP last season and just notice her movement. Terrific stuff now; even more to come.

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    nice job kaetlyn! IMO she still needs polishing but what a steady and high-energy skater. what i like about her skating is that she seems to be a natural competitor and performer... excited and not scared to be on the ice (which I find is often not the case in singles).
    I agree with this assessment. Great performance, she's well on her way to becoming the new Canadian ladies champion.

  4. #19
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,550
    Great performer! That was a fun short program. I can definitely see her possibly getting on the podium at Worlds, which is after all in Canada. She could easily upset Ashley Wager. Not too sure how she'd score against a clean Yuna or Carolina in the short. I doubt ISU judges would give her clean SP 70+ points.

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,235
    Re Kaetlyn: It's so refreshing to see someone who actually enjoys competing and doesn't look petrified when stepping onto the ice under pressure. So many of our ladies skaters in the past have always looked so scared when they get to competition. Kaetlyn certainly doesn't have that problem. She's a natural performer. Worlds will be another test of this (let's face it, she's going to win this thing unless there's an utter catastrophe) but this championship she's had enormous expectations on her and she's delivered.

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    328
    Wonderful to see her live! I enjoyed the ladies event. I agree with the remarks about them looking terrified for so many years and we certainly had our share of splatfests. They did themselves proud!

  7. #22
    Custom Title Pikachuusb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    450
    just watched the video. Great job Kaetlyn!!

  8. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Great performer! That was a fun short program. I can definitely see her possibly getting on the podium at Worlds, which is after all in Canada. She could easily upset Ashley Wager. Not too sure how she'd score against a clean Yuna or Carolina in the short. I doubt ISU judges would give her clean SP 70+ points.
    A clean Yu Na would crush her in the short. A clean kostner would beat her, but not sure by how many points exactly.

  9. #24
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,590
    She has improved quite a bit since SC. That was lovely.

  10. #25
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    The amount of transitions in Osmond's program is incredible. Every single element is performed out of connecting movements and has footwork coming out of them as well. She's an incredible performer. Always gives it 110%. Great attack.

    One thing I would really like her to improve is her posture. Her back makes me cringe, she was slouching throughout.

    But yes, if she skates like this at Worlds, everything is possible really. A clean Kim is out of reach but I think that a clean Osmond would be capable of beating anybody else, if they make mistakes.

    I love Lacoste's skating but it's just so frustrating to see her crack under pressure time and time again. :( I mean 3loop is her favourite and best jump, can't believe she fell on it out of all things...

    It's incredible that a sixth placed lady has landed a clean 3lutz/3toe! Good times for Canadian skating.

    Alexe Gilles - once a GP competitor - only 12th after a disappointing performance.

    Kate Charbonneau 14th after blowing all her jumping passes. :/ So sad because her skating is really beautiful. I wish she could develop more consistency.

    Grenier and Rheault who were 7th and 8th last year, trailing the field in 17th and 18th this time round. :/
    Last edited by Ziggy; 01-19-2013 at 05:02 AM.

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    A clean Yu Na would crush her in the short. A clean kostner would beat her, but not sure by how many points exactly.
    Yes, I agree. It's a great program, and she sells it well. But Yuna and Carolina win if all three skate clean in the SP. I think Ashley and Mao might top Kaetlyn too, if all skate clean, but it might depend a bit more on points, GOE, etc., and Kaetlyn will get an extra boost from the Canadian crowd at Worlds.

    I do really like Kaetlyn. Love her speed, energy, animation, and lack of fear! Her posture is a bit of a question mark, though. She has great movement through her body--she skates "loose," which I love--but the classic skating posture is not there. She is lovely, though.

  12. #27
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    Yes, I agree. It's a great program, and she sells it well. But Yuna and Carolina win if all three skate clean in the SP. I think Ashley and Mao might top Kaetlyn too, if all skate clean, but it might depend a bit more on points, GOE, etc., and Kaetlyn will get an extra boost from the Canadian crowd at Worlds.

    I do really like Kaetlyn. Love her speed, energy, animation, and lack of fear! Her posture is a bit of a question mark, though. She has great movement through her body--she skates "loose," which I love--but the classic skating posture is not there. She is lovely, though.
    I don't see the posture problem that some speak off. She's rough aroun the edges still, but I think her upper body carriage is pretty good. From what I've seen of her this season, the only thing that Kim has a clear advantage of over Osmond is a 3lutz/3toe, and probably higher PCS due to reputation.
    Last edited by shine; 01-19-2013 at 08:43 AM.

  13. #28
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    217
    She is energetic, but even a clean Liza T. or Adelina should be able to beat her in the SP? Their programs are alike, and frankly I like Liza's program better. Osmond program's second half leaves a lot to be desired. It slowed down a lot after the 2A.

  14. #29
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    She is energetic, but even a clean Liza T. or Adelina should be able to beat her in the SP? Their programs are alike, and frankly I like Liza's program better. Osmond program's second half leaves a lot to be desired. It slowed down a lot after the 2A.
    What are you talking about? She does some footwork out of the 2A, does a stag jump before changing direction, then goes right into her straight line steps, which is a level four. After the sitspin combo, she does a half loop into split jump which leads right into her final spin combination. Empty?? Her SP is seriously as packed as any ladies short program can be and that's exactly what makes her stand out.
    Last edited by shine; 01-19-2013 at 08:50 AM.

  15. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    70.04? Heck, she is the Yuna!

    SC is so charmingly generous and love their skaters so much!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •