Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Lysacek out of US Nationals

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Who will win on US Nat Champ?????
    Abbott if he skates well. Miner if Abbott doesnt. Pretty simple, has been that way for 2 months atleast now.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post

The good news is I am finally healthy, back to a full training schedule and already working hard to be ready for next season to defend my Olympic title at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi."
    Sorry Evan, buuuuut ... no.

Though, it would be nice to see him actually make some sort of comeback next season.
    Last edited by aftertherain; 01-18-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Custom Title
    It is cute to see him even talking about defending his Olympic title. It is mindful of a scene when a little boy says to their mom they are going to fly to the moon someday, and she pinches him on the cheek and says that is cute, keep dreaming honey. It reminds me of Mira Leung talking about the Vancouver Olympics in fall of 2009.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Evan and Johnny need to realize that their time has come and gone and just retire.
    I think they know it very well.

Custom Title
    Hmm, my reaction is best summed up as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlhyX-4qKI

Custom Title
    I am just floored. Shocked. I just didn't see this happening. What yet another comeback foiled. I am sorry for the sarcasm but sometimes you do have to wonder who genuinely is coming back. I have no idea what is going on in these skaters minds and yes injuries do happen but maybe that is the problem pushing themselves too much??? too fast?? Maybe because I see so much drama in my life I don't need to constantly see it in skating. But I wish skaters could make a decision and go with it. Somehow some people questioned this comeback like Cohen,like Weir, like even rumours years ago of Kwan coming back after 2002. I think when he didn't say much at the GOlden GLobes will be a subtle hint. Actually the fact that he is still relevant to be invited to the Golden Globes he should be happy. he has had more than his 15 minutes of fame.

Custom Title
    I don't guess it hurt the event or USFSA to delay the announcement and let people think Evan might still be competing. If it was intentional though, I don't think that is a nice thing to do. Personally, I'm disappointed.

Custom Title
    There he goes again. Lysacek withdrew from SA just one week before. This time he could postpone to the last minute. No need to replace with anybody.

Ref: "I still need three more weeks to get back into competitive form"
    Darn...Missed it by THAT MUCH! (thumb and forefinger pinched in front of mouth)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Ref: "I still need three more weeks to get back into competitive form"
    Darn...Missed it by THAT MUCH! (thumb and forefinger pinched in front of mouth)
    Maybe he'll ask for a medical bye onto the world team worlds is over 3 weeks away

Good thinking!!!! Why not? Anyone care to make a wager?

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Maybe he'll ask for a medical bye onto the world team worlds is over 3 weeks away

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I would be willing to bet alot of money he:

a. does not ask for one.
    b. does not get one in the unlikely chance he asks for one.

it would be one thing if he looked like a likely medalist at the World Championships but that is obviously far from the case. That is the only time the USFSA gives byes, especialy to someone who hasnt competed for years.

I wonder why he continues to talk as if his comeback attempt has any credibility? It's too little too late at this point in the game.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    I wonder why he continues to talk as if his comeback attempt has any credibility? It's too little too late at this point in the game.
    It does keep his name on people's minds I suppose. He is a rather forgettable OGM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I would be willing to bet alot of money he:

a. does not ask for one.
    b. does not get one in the unlikely chance he asks for one.

it would be one thing if he looked like a likely medalist at the World Championships but that is obviously far from the case. That is the only time the USFSA gives byes, especialy to someone who hasnt competed for years.
    I wouldn't think so, but the "3 weeks" comment seemed odd.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast