Brezina lacks stamina too. He always seems to run out of gas in his LP.
Lysacek's coach: "It is going to be a long recovery"
Globetrotting by Philip Hersh
1:50 p.m. CST, January 24, 2013
Includes direct quotes from Frank Carroll.
Per this afternoon's tweets from @USFigureSkating, Lysacek spoke to the media in Omaha (Jan 27) (emphases added):
- "I'm feeling great and I'm glad to be here. I'm fully recovered and I'm healthy. If this event was 3 weeks later, I'd be there" @EvanLysacek
- Lysacek says he admires Plushenko and his success after a layoff provides encouragement. Although "I feel like Vancouver was yesterday"
- . @EvanLysacek in next year "the plan is to compete as much as possible. I want to be World #1 like I was in 2010."
- . @EvanLysacek "For the first time, I am pain free."
- Lysacek says he was training two quads for his free skate and noticed the pain during practice. #Omaha2013
- Sounds like @EvanLysacek's quad of choice is the toe. #Omaha2013
ETA, and then the man himself tweeted:
At the @USFigureSkating Men's Freeskate. Sizing up my competition. Check out the live broadcast at 2 on @NBC. @NBCOlympics #Sochi2014
11:23 AM - 27 Jan 13
Last edited by ice coverage; 01-27-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Hey, Evan showed up here in a suit! Does that count? He caused an "Evan Jam" in the concourse. So far we have had Hughes Jams, Weiss Jams, Yamaguchi Jams, etc but no Todd Jams...didnt see him this week. But Rusty Capp, the hired comedian, grabbed Scott Hamilton and checked his credentials and had Ryan Bradley take him away....it was the funniest skit they did all week.
LOL at Evan talking about being World #1 again. Talk about a delusional dreamer.
If Lysacek is surrounded by sycophants like Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezic, it's not surprising he's so delusional about his chances of defending his OGM.
Talk is cheap. I personally don't think we'll see Lysacek competing again.