2013 Canadian Senior Men's SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 Canadian Senior Men's SP

That wasn't a great performance from Patrick. I mean, it wasn't bad but not great for his standard which is as high as it gets.

I'd deduct for the lack of steps on the 4toe. He does like two turns and then there's a big gap with crossover throw in, in between the actual jump. The quad itself was clean but the landing wasn't very strong. Triple axel was perfect though.

Sit spin was a little slow and he went off-centre at the end of the combination spin.

I really dislike the choreography. I don't mind sparse classical programs if a skater is really balletic and accentuates every movement but I don't think that it works for Patrick very well.

Speed was incredible but I had the impression his basic skating wasn't as impressive as usual. A little more scratchy maybe, I dunno. Can he go back to a real coach now please? :p

Firus has the minimum scores for 4CC but not Worlds, right? So if he stays in 3rd he can go to Sapporo to earn his scores there?

Rough comeback for Ten. And Martinez who was 5th or 6th once IIRC, down in 17th after multiple mistakes.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I must say that it was nice to see Sandhu. The crowd gave him a wonderful welcome and he looked really happy to be there. We really enjoyed the event.

Thank you so much, Scrufflet, for telling us about Eman! :) I am so glad to know that he looked really happy on the ice, since we all remember how nervous he used to get in comps back in the days...:yes: I sincerely hope Eman will have another good skate. Best of luck to Emanuel Sandhu in LP!!! :rock:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Patrick did a great 3a!
Thanks for the video!
Does anyone have a link to Kevin's performance? It sounds like he did a great job!

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
That wasn't a great performance from Patrick. I mean, it wasn't bad but not great for his standard which is as high as it gets.
Come on! It's not like he got 100 or another Guiness record for this sloppy skating. 94 could be almost fair, especially in the light of JN :laugh:. Damn RusNat spoilt all the fun- Plu got 91 and still is the only one in over-90-at-Nats club with a combo quad in SP. :slink:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
There is a nice article in the Prince George Citizen about his return, with some very nice remarks from Patrick. It really was quite moving to see this event. Sorry I'm lousy with links but it shouldn't be hard to find.

emma

Record Breaker
:love: Thank you thank you thank you!!!, IndieBoi, you have made my day. :)

Look at his smile at the beginning. Look at his proud and satisfying smiles after the performance. Priceless! Oh, I am in tears.

Just want to say ditto all around - what a wonderful highlight to this event. Really brings a smile to my face!!!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Patrick's program is really something extraordinary: those steps before the lutz... :love: Even his cross-overs give me chills! I can't wait until he performs it cleanily

Agree. Such a beautiful program. The skating, the speed, wow.

Sandhu :clap: If only he could've skated this relaxed in the "old days".

Kevin's program on youtube? I'm kind of a fan of him too :)

Go Canada :yay:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Patrick was great, love this SP for him. Eman what can I say, loved his program too.

Thanks for the videos. Where is Kevin's SP???

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That is strange. I believe it is a Japanese video. When I clicked on Kevin's video the name Youku appeared on the screen then a brief commercial then Kevin's SP.

I am great Sandhu is enjoying himself but it's obvious he's not at the competitive level any more, sadly. Jumps were eeked out, he doesn't have the gorgeous lines he once had any more and the skating just lacked power overall. It was great for show standards but doesn't cut it for competition standards any more I hate to say. Still, at least he seemed quite relaxed and enjoying himself. :)

I appreciate Reynolds going for all the difficult jumps but his technique... oh dear. All four jumps were slightly cheated and the basic skating was quite substandard. The program works well for him. It's busy, it's upbeat and covers his flaws well. I really wish he'd leave McLeod because I feel like he's not really improving under her. He might get less or more consistent but the issues remain.

I am really impressed with Rogozine and can't understand why his PCS were so low. I think he's improved his presentation a lot, much much more expressive than in the past. That was a great job.

It looked like the fall took the wind out of Balde's sails. He wasn't selling it anywhere near as well as he's capable of.

I never expected Firus to skate as well as he did, especially given his injury. His speed and ice coverage were incredible and both 3axel and 3lutz were just perfect (although there was a bit of a break after steps). Really impressive!